Around The League Talk 2023-24

twotonebluenation

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

See how my draft crush CJ stroud is killing it hurts my soul 😩😖 I knew he was a baller his skillset & mechanics combine with poise is beyond his years he doesn’t look like a rookie, the Texans are going to be a problem when they surround him with weapons cause Demeco Ryans is a Damn good coach 

We never had a chance tho unless we traded with Chicago 

so I find solace in that at least 

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We never had a chance tho unless we traded with Chicago 

so I find solace in that at least 

That’s why I said if a guy is your QB & you want him go get him, it’s a QB driven league. TN didn’t have the balls to go get him. Yea I know it’s too much to give up, but a QB make you forget all about it. Man I hope Willis or Levis is it. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

That’s why I said if a guy is your QB & you want him go get him, it’s a QB driven league. TN didn’t have the balls to go get him. Yea I know it’s too much to give up, but a QB make you forget all about it. Man I hope Willis or Levis is it. 

Who knows if we called Chi or not? We were ready to sell the farm, apparently, to SF for 3. Houston would never have traded with us

Edited by deeluxx3

45 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Who knows if we called Chi or not? We were ready to sell the farm, apparently, to SF for 3. Houston would never have traded with us

I know none of it matters now, but I think the problem was that our plan to trade up with Arizona and take him if he fell to 3 got leaked like 3 hours before the draft to all of the major media outlets and made Houston change their whole course and take CJ at 2 and then come back and grab Will Anderson instead of the other way around. All the noise the day of the draft was that the Texans were taking Anderson at 2. I'm still pretty convinced Houston's original plan was to grab Will Anderson at 2 and hope that CJ fell a couple of picks before they traded up to grab him, but once they caught wind of us having a deal in place for Stroud at 3 they flip flopped things to get their QB at 2 and block us from getting him in the process. 

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I know none of it matters now, but I think the problem was that our plan to trade up with Arizona and take him if he fell to 3 got leaked like 3 hours before the draft to all of the major media outlets and made Houston change their whole course and take CJ at 2 and then come back and grab Will Anderson instead of the other way around. All the noise the day of the draft was that the Texans were taking Anderson at 2. I'm still pretty convinced Houston's original plan was to grab Will Anderson at 2 and hope that CJ fell a couple of picks before they traded up to grab him, but once they caught wind of us having a deal in place for Stroud at 3 they flip flopped things to get their QB at 2 and block us from getting him in the process. 

Maybe but that plan would just be moronic from Houston’s end, like senselessly moronic. If Stroud is your guy, you don’t pass on him and hope he falls to you later in the top ten. Esp with Indy also looming at 5.

It's too early, but the QB's I liked the most (that have played) have done reasonably well.  
Richardson and Stroud.

Again, I'm never one to crown a QB without sustained success. But early....both are doing well for rookies.

Never believed in Bryce Young, he is struggling somewhat.
I did believe in Levis. Just can't see him tho. 

27 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

sigh

I could be totally wrong here. And I could look it up but choosing not to

apparently years ago, Russia wanted to start competing at a higher level internationally in hockey. They hired some like … scientist as their coach. He had zero understanding of hockey, not really knew what it was. But they gave him nothing more than the rule book and basically said “devise a strategy that’s within the rules of play that you think would result in success”

the final output was a totally new way to play hockey that the world had not seen before. Because he only had the rule book to rely on, no tape from actual games or anything. So it was completely new and innovative and resulted in an extreme amount of success 

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But is he a leader of men!  

lol

**cries to self**

I’ve been saying this for years Vrabel is overrated he’s a good coach though but he’s overrated, he does nothing innovative on offense & is stubborn to wanting things done his way, as to what’s best for the team. He’s fisher 2.0 he’s going to ride Henry into the ground, though now I believe we’re going to trade Henry 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I’ve been saying this for years Vrabel is overrated he’s a good coach though but he’s overrated, he does nothing innovative on offense & is stubborn to wanting things done his way, as to what’s best for the team. He’s fisher 2.0 he’s going to ride Henry into the ground, though now I believe we’re going to trade Henry 

Yea, it is weird, but my buddy presented the idea of trading Henry at the deadline or before, and tbh I could see that happening. Especially with how we have been using him.

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea, it is weird, but my buddy presented the idea of trading Henry at the deadline or before, and tbh I could see that happening. Especially with how we have been using him.

I honestly in my heart want him to win a SB with or without us. Its not like the AJ thing. The king has given us EVERYTHING he's had and some amazing memories. Sad seeing him wasting the last of his good years with this mess. Wouldn't mind trading him. Spears is fresh and ready to go. DOUBT we do it tho . Hes the big ticket on this team he puts people in the seats.. 

Edited by VY-FTW
  • Like 1

Watching the top offensive teams like KC, Miami, and San Fran shows how far away we really are from truly being legitimate contenders in this league, and it's so damn depressing. Hell, even the bad offensive teams like Pittsburgh, Vegas, hell even the Cardinals can function offensively at a baseline level. Our offense and team in general just looks so completely out of sync and that goes on the coaching staff.

• Like 2