Week 1 GDT: MNF Bills @ Jets

NJC33

1 hour ago, xrade said:

So many are overlooking the obvious in regards to deep pass plays.  The OL does not allow it.  If the ball is not out in 3 seconds or less, the QB is swamped.  Until the OL consistently shows that it can pass block effectively, the best game pass game plan is short quick hits.

That’s what we want…with the occasional downfield shot. At least air it out once a half. You can’t not try the entire game and let the defense suffocate you. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

That’s what we want…with the occasional downfield shot. At least air it out once a half. You can’t not try the entire game and let the defense suffocate you. 

The hard part is having a QB that can call the right protection and anticipate the coverage to get those passes off. AR can do that, Zach...eh?

Rodgers could use play-action as well as anyone, which might help the O-line a bit. But yeah, the O-line is a problem with regards to the passing game. I thought the O-line was very solid in the run game on Monday night. There is that at least.

But I don't think this is a case of, "well, Wilson is going to make mistakes anyway, might as well have him make plays".

We want Hall, G. Wilson, Cook, Hardman, maybe Gipson to be the playmakers, not Zach.

4 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

I think Cousins needs to be brought in sooner than later. The Pats game should be Duel of Fates game for Wilson.

The Vikings aren't trading cousins. Why would they tank their season? 

The jets can't even offer much. They are unable to trade their first or second round picks because they are tied up in the greenbay deal.  Do you really want to trade future picks for a one year rental? Does kirks fully guaranteed deal even fit into our cap? 

It's not a realistic option, just something talking heads like to bring up to generate content.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If we let teams think they can play single high against us all game then it's going to hard to move the ball. Definitely have to take shots and trust our guys. Cant lose scared. 

It is hard to move the ball when the QB is swamped in 3 seconds.  Especially with Zach who panics and does not know how to avoid the rush without dropping back 10 yards or does his stupid spin move which takes his eyes off his receivers.

My biggest hope is that the OL begins to play better since they have not worked as a unit all off season.  But I do not expect that to happen for a couple of weeks.

I hate Wilson a lot but I did see some major improvements in week1. Just think about it Wilson goes from sitting the bench all year to boom your the starter for the rest of the season after 4 offensive plays. They had no game plan for Wilson so he had a limited play book. There was tons of pressure and everyone was down from the fans all the way to the head coach. Then being down 13-3 at half they came out fighting. This is not last years team guys. This team has heart and in my eyes wilson is getting a lot better. I think Wilson out played Allen in the second half. Think about that for a second. Like I said I'm not a fan of Wilson but he did open my eyes some on what he can do. You have a new OC in Hackett so he might have some great plays for Wilson to run. I'm sure ARod taught him a lot from April until now about reading the D and changing the play at the line. Wilson seemed to get the ball out faster on most plays so that will help the line too. I would also like to add that Tippman will be starting really soon and that will be a boost too. I think Wilson can be a top 15 QB this year. He comes out week 2 with a win he is going to be so pumped and the team too. I do think we have a really good chance against the Cowboys. If the Jets can put a few points up in the first half and be close or winning by half Cowboys will fold like always and Mike M teams always do. Yes I'm starting to like Wilson a little bit more. Rodgers had his surgery down in Cal so I'm sure he will be back home by the weekend starting his rehab. This means he will be in the building and probably on the sidelines for week 3. That is another huge plus for Wilson. He just needs to throw it to G. Wilson when he is 1 v1 all the time. Wilson will beat all the CB's in the NFL 1 v1 . He trains with the best CB in the league with Sauce so he is always going against the best. 

IDK why people assume you can just add a QB mid season and they can get right to it without any time to prepare and learn the offense. Months goes into installing a offense. 

We will learn a lot about Wilson, if he folds and is terrible.. Jets plan should be drafting a QB and having him sit behind Rodgers for a year or 2. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hate Wilson a lot but I did see some major improvements in week1. Just think about it Wilson goes from sitting the bench all year to boom your the starter for the rest of the season after 4 offensive plays. They had no game plan for Wilson so he had a limited play book. There was tons of pressure and everyone was down from the fans all the way to the head coach. Then being down 13-3 at half they came out fighting. This is not last years team guys. This team has heart and in my eyes wilson is getting a lot better. I think Wilson out played Allen in the second half. Think about that for a second. Like I said I'm not a fan of Wilson but he did open my eyes some on what he can do. You have a new OC in Hackett so he might have some great plays for Wilson to run. I'm sure ARod taught him a lot from April until now about reading the D and changing the play at the line. Wilson seemed to get the ball out faster on most plays so that will help the line too. I would also like to add that Tippman will be starting really soon and that will be a boost too. I think Wilson can be a top 15 QB this year. He comes out week 2 with a win he is going to be so pumped and the team too. I do think we have a really good chance against the Cowboys. If the Jets can put a few points up in the first half and be close or winning by half Cowboys will fold like always and Mike M teams always do. Yes I'm starting to like Wilson a little bit more. Rodgers had his surgery down in Cal so I'm sure he will be back home by the weekend starting his rehab. This means he will be in the building and probably on the sidelines for week 3. That is another huge plus for Wilson. He just needs to throw it to G. Wilson when he is 1 v1 all the time. Wilson will beat all the CB's in the NFL 1 v1 . He trains with the best CB in the league with Sauce so he is always going against the best. 

The Garrett Wilson TD was run play with an RPO attached that Zach changed. Yes, it was a spectacular catch but also shows some growth amd confidence in Zach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

IDK why people assume you can just add a QB mid season and they can get right to it without any time to prepare and learn the offense. Months goes into installing a offense. 

We will learn a lot about Wilson, if he folds and is terrible.. Jets plan should be drafting a QB and having him sit behind Rodgers for a year or 2. 

If it is all about system, then Tim Boyle should start. Other than Rodgers, nobody knows this offense better. 

If it about talent, then the best options are outside the organization.

There is no scenario where the best option is the current starter. The current starter is the lazy option for an organization that refuses to admit their unfathomable decision to draft him second overall.

Also, to my knowledge the 2024 first and second round picks are no longer tied up. Green Bay gets the second-rounder, we get to keep the first rounder...unless you believe Rodgers will miraculously recover in time to take 65% of the snaps this season. Not happening.

The only silver lining about Week 1 is that we get to keep Rodgers AND the 2024 first, which should be used to draft his eventual successor. Someone who can sit for two years (hopefully), learn the system and then take over when Rodgers finally calls it quits.

For all this to become reality, though, we may need a new GM. Someone without the Zach Wilson blindspot.