The Good, The Bad, The Winless Donkeys: Week #1 Post-Game Chat

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Props to Jimmy today. He’s very different to Carr, and this isn’t a Carr-bashing type post btw, merely highlighting a contrast between the two. The speed at which Jimmy gets the ball out is unreal; he didn’t really remotely look like getting sacked today, whereas with Carr that was always a worry. When your OL isn’t great, that takes a lot of pressure off the big guys, so I think he’s a better fit for our offense in that regard.

Totally agree he got the ball out fast and accurately. DC is much better off in the Saints offense playing shotgun with high volume rhythm passing. Jimmy looks much more comfortable in this offense.

• Like 2

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Where is Hunter Renfrow? Does he still have any trade value left

Tyree looked very lethargic out there to me. I wasn’t impressed by his showing today. I know hes super young and coming off an injury, but you expect a top ten guy to flash here and there no matter how raw they may be. 

I think he’s still rusty and that elevation is a tough place perform if not in game shape 

• Like 1

Jimmy played efficiently today and got the ball out quick.  I said before the game this was winnable and a must win to start the season.  The sloppy overall preformance gets the Dub against the Donkeys but that **** wont cut it next wek against the Bills.  That game will be a test of what type of team this is but todays win was nice nonetheless.  

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

To be fair you have no idea if Denver is also a significant lot better team this year. It’s week one. Calm down. 

Well, I mean the only thing they got better at was coach what should I traded the first round pick for. They didn't have a first round pick this year(which they would've been picking fifth overall if they did)

So I do have an idea if they got better or not. 

but again, this is all evaluation. I think we'll all be doing a lot more evaluating around this time next Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Jimmy played efficiently today and got the ball out quick.  I said before the game this was winnable and a must win to start the season.  The sloppy overall preformance gets the Dub against the Donkeys but that **** wont cut it next wek against the Bills.  That game will be a test of what type of team this is but todays win was nice nonetheless.  

OK, so there are other people in here actually evaluating what happened today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK, so there are other people in here actually evaluating what happened today. 

Generally I celebrate offline and come here for the analysis and commentary. The occasional depression share due to not having many Raider fan friends (all 9ers).

unfortunately I saw some of the same issues plaguing us again. Red zone issues, bone headed penalties and a defense that can’t get off the field.

a win is a win though and I suspect the running game picks up and helps solve some of the above. Jimmy running is a huge bonus. I thought Deablo played well besides the face mask. Meyers huge game. 

• Like 3

The Good: WINNING it's all that matters. Jacobs being able to handle that workload with missing all that time. Crosby being disruptive.

The Bad: Seeing Hoyer enter a game so early in the season. Thinking we were going to lose seeing so many mistakes. I thought Adams was going to get an off-setting flag when Meyers got nailed and a part of me would have been good with him beating the crap out of the defender. Being there for your teammates is worth it IMO. Glad it didn't get flagged so we got the 1st due to that hit.

Ugly: The win was ugly but they found a way to win and that's really important as the season progresses. Buying in, believing and winning. 1st step forward and 16 more to go to get more. Celebrate, and get back to work as there's a lot of rust to knock off.

Overall: Efficient small ball and they look like a team buying into the plan and each other. Lots to work on but solid with a lot of improvement expected as they play together.