Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

21 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Stupid honest open question

first 3 games who looked better in jmd system carr or jimmy?

Had typed up something longer, but this is extremely easy. 
Yes, jimmy went 1-2 vs Carr 0-3.

Other than that, it is not close. 
W/L is not important when talking about which QB played better

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jimmy made renfrow disappear. And people stan this loser. Yawn.

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1707066914416271496

There's been a few clips of Hunter wide open. Yet Jimmy doesn't even glance his way or the play is designed to go somewhere completely else? I don't know, this Hunter stuff is just insane to me.

Three years ago he had 1,038 yards and 9 TDs. 

Last year only 330 yards and 2 TDs.

So far through 3 games, 3 receptions for 40 yards.

What is going on here?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

There's been a few clips of Hunter wide open. Yet Jimmy doesn't even glance his way or the play is designed to go somewhere completely else? I don't know, this Hunter stuff is just insane to me.

Three years ago he had 1,038 yards and 9 TDs. 

Last year only 330 yards and 2 TDs.

So far through 3 games, 3 receptions for 40 yards.

What is going on here?

You go from a decent quarterback to a terrible one. It's wild how bad Jimmy looks. And you go from a head coach who is at least not stupid enough to utilize their best players and kind of tailor an offense for them to a guy who literally refuses to do it.

• Like 2

Let's revisit:

On 3/13/2023 at 10:56 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

The contract isn't bad, but unless we have a master plan to develop a qb, there is no plan to ever compete with the Chiefs/Chargers in this division.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, NYRaider said:

Jimmy is an upgrade over Carr for half the price. 

🫠

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Jimmy squeaked out a win, so that's a plus I guess. Beyond that though, not even close.

64 to 45 in points.  Hell, 20 points against Arizona in the first half is more than we've had in a game so far this season.

From a stats standpoint, it's 850yds, 6 TD 4 INT vs 709 5TD 6 INT

Carr looked bad in the first game against the Chargers and we all blamed him for that loss with 3 picks.  I think the nitpicking started after that about not doing enough in the 2nd half of games, blowing leads, etc.  We lost those first 3 games by 13 points combined(5,6,2).  If we had just pulled those 3 out, where could we be now?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, true2form said:

Jimmy squeaked out a win, so that's a plus I guess. Beyond that though, not even close.

64 to 45 in points.  Hell, 20 points against Arizona in the first half is more than we've had in a game so far this season.

From a stats standpoint, it's 850yds, 6 TD 4 INT vs 709 5TD 6 INT

Carr looked bad in the first game against the Chargers and we all blamed him for that loss with 3 picks.  I think the nitpicking started after that about not doing enough in the 2nd half of games, blowing leads, etc.  We lost those first 3 games by 13 points combined(5,6,2).  If we had just pulled those 3 out, where could we be now?

Interesting 

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oof that is a tough one but I think it’s probably Carr. I think his ‘highs’ were higher maybe but they both have had some pretty bad play. If we’re attributing the stacked boxes to Garoppolo and his lack of threat going deep then certainly Carr was better as he didn’t handicap the running game so much in addition.

The thing is, even with all the mistakes, miscues and penalties we probably win the Steeler game with even a below average Garoppolo performance, sadly he wasn’t even below average he was pretty terrible. I know he’s not that bad a player though really so can he perform even averagely? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You go from a decent quarterback to a terrible one. It's wild how bad Jimmy looks. And you go from a head coach who is at least not stupid enough to utilize their best players and kind of tailor an offense for them to a guy who literally refuses to do it.

What even crazier is we have the talent on offense and another coach would come in and utilize the players we have one offense.

• Like 1