Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

They were worried he had internal injuries. The Athletic is reporting that it’s not as bad as they had thought. 

Glad to hear he’s OK, as even though he’s been playing very poorly I wouldn’t want him to get a serious injury.

Still, it seems he’s just soft unfortunately aswell as being a very underwhelming QB. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Glad to hear he’s OK, as even though he’s been playing very poorly I wouldn’t want him to get a serious injury.

Still, it seems he’s just soft unfortunately aswell as being a very underwhelming QB. 

He is what he thought he was, steady but oft injured QB. The contract terms are what concerned me from the off tbh. I don’t mind using him whilst we can evaluate AOC. If he’s out this week, I would hope/expect AOC gets the start. They’ve already said that Hoyer is better as the vet to come in during the game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

He is what he thought he was, steady but oft injured QB. The contract terms are what concerned me from the off tbh. I don’t mind using him whilst we can evaluate AOC. If he’s out this week, I would hope/expect AOC gets the start. They’ve already said that Hoyer is better as the vet to come in during the game. 

His contract isn't even that horrendous. If we keep him on the roster next year its 28 million against the cap, which is the same if we cut him. If we draft a first round QB, that's not a lot of total cap capital tied up into the QB position, it's not ideal but it won't kill us to have Jimmy as a backup next year. 

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

His contract isn't even that horrendous. If we keep him on the roster next year its 28 million against the cap, which is the same if we cut him. If we draft a first round QB, that's not a lot of total cap capital tied up into the QB position, it's not ideal but it won't kill us to have Jimmy as a backup next year. 

$28m is horrendous to me for a backup. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dessie said:

$28m is horrendous to me for a backup. 

It’s horrendous for that level of play. Baker Mayfield is $7m isn’t he and a better player. 

Garoppolo’s contract isn’t crippling cap wise and it would be fine for an average to decent QB, trouble is we’re not getting that.

• Like 5

I am glad Jimmy G is basically OK, but he needs to be benched immediately. Not only is this his second injury of the season but the guy cannot distribute the ball around his targets, we all can see he struggles to hit anything that resembles a deep pass and he can't stop throwing the ball to the opposition.

Hoyer is not the answer either but was actually better than Jimmy when he came on.

AOC gives me hope - not saying he is the guy but we need to know what we have before next year's draft to inform what we do.   

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

I am glad Jimmy G is basically OK, but he needs to be benched immediately. Not only is this his second injury of the season but the guy cannot distribute the ball around his targets, we all can see he struggles to hit anything that resembles a deep pass and he can't stop throwing the ball to the opposition.

Hoyer is not the answer either but was actually better than Jimmy when he came on.

AOC gives me hope - not saying he is the guy but we need to know what we have before next year's draft to inform what we do.   

With as well as our defense is playing, and with the next 3 out of 4 games being against terrible teams, I really think we should take the next 4 weeks to see what we have in AOC.  I think McDaniels would be smart to add some protection on the OL (6 OL) so AOC has more time to read the field and make plays.  When he was given time in the preseason he was cash money.  The dude looked legit.

I hope McDaniels does what a HC should do and gives him a chance to earn the job.  AOC clearly has some power, he can clearly make very accurate passes.  I hope we give him a chance.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

With as well as our defense is playing, and with the next 3 out of 4 games being against terrible teams, I really think we should take the next 4 weeks to see what we have in AOC.  I think McDaniels would be smart to add some protection on the OL (6 OL) so AOC has more time to read the field and make plays.  When he was given time in the preseason he was cash money.  The dude looked legit.

I hope McDaniels does what a HC should do and gives him a chance to earn the job.  AOC clearly has some power, he can clearly make very accurate passes.  I hope we give him a chance.

At this point in time, I think the best thing for everyone is that Jimmy is inactive.  This will allow us to start Hoyer and have AOC ready to play when they want.  If that's 1 quarter into the Bears game or 2 or 3 games down the road it doesn't matter.  

It will be telling if Josh goes with the rookie right off the bat.  He needs to win as many games as possible this year to ensure he keeps his job. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 9:07 AM, big_palooka said:

It really is something that JMD answer to "we need to get better at QB" was to add an injury prone Jimmy G, back him up with 37 year old Bryan Hoyer and draft a QB in round 4. 

You knew who Jimmy G was. You saved the money on Carr, why not sign a high end backup at that point?

What high end backups were out there for us to sign buddy? As you always say we can't assume anyone that isn't here wanted to sign here son.