Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Reread it. So long as he doesn’t get injured it’s only a small hit. And a bit like Carr last season, it looks like he won’t be given a chance to get injured…

I'm not talking about the 24 million I'm talking about the 11 million being dumb. Think about it this way: it cost us 5 million to get rid of carr it's gonna cost 11 million to get rid of him. That could've been an offensive lineman. Instead we're going to pay and needless 11 million for some thing that anybody who knows football already knew(Garoppolo is not a good quarterback but was on a really good team before)

Edited by Jeremy408

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is Jimmy G we're talking about. He could injure himself holding a clipboard. 

They probably won't even let him practice or watch tape.  Or go to team meetings.  They probably won't even let him in the facility.

• Like 1

Just wondering out loud as I'm not sure of the details...................

Obviously Garpoppolo's time has come and gone and he's a dead weight, cap wise. I believe if we cut him we'll still be on the hook for a lot of dead money next year too. Nobody is dumb enough to trade for him as it is with his contract. But what about if we offered him up for a really low draft pick like a 6th or 7th and we took on his contract? Would we be eating the same money as we'd have in dead money but better off by getting a pick or would we be eating much more of his contact and only getting a paltry pick so not worth it?

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Just wondering out loud as I'm not sure of the details...................

Obviously Garpoppolo's time has come and gone and he's a dead weight, cap wise. I believe if we cut him we'll still be on the hook for a lot of dead money next year too. Nobody is dumb enough to trade for him as it is with his contract. But what about if we offered him up for a really low draft pick like a 6th or 7th and we took on his contract? Would we be eating the same money as we'd have in dead money but better off by getting a pick or would we be eating much more of his contact and only getting a paltry pick so not worth it?

AP said that Jimmy is still apart of the team and will help us win games as a backup supporting Aidan with a headset.

I can see that. other teams always believe that the Raiders mess players up and they could get more out of them than we did . We could have a team scoop him up via trade in the offseason 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

They probably won't even let him practice or watch tape.  Or go to team meetings.  They probably won't even let him in the facility.

I think they have to allow him access contractually.  They can tell him that he's not required to show up, like Carr and hope that he is agreeable to the situation.  

It's why I think he gets cut sooner than later. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

AP said that Jimmy is still apart of the team and will help us win games as a backup supporting Aidan with a headset.

I can see that. other teams always believe that the Raiders mess players up and they could get more out of them than we did . We could have a team scoop him up via trade in the offseason 

Can’t see jimmy doing that will be interesting tho