Week 2 GDT: Bears at Buccaneers

Ty21

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Still think were a LONG way from that. Ill always find it hard to believe that those shallow pockets are going to be paying 2 coaching staffs, especially as we continue to rebuild

A new OC? Sure, but a whole new staff...

It's a low bar, but judging them on all 19 games Getsy at least had a brief stretch where they adapted last year. Uberfleece... I didn't understand the hire initially, I thought they at least didn't lose the team last year but the top to bottom preparedness has been atrocious this year, and I don't understand what he does well at this point. Add to that what seems like a growing chance they'll be drafting a QB next year;  the thought of ANY of the current staff having their hands on a rookie is alarming.  Aaand while you're at it, Poles number one accomplishment was having the worst record in the NFL, followed by making a trade that was not exactly un-obvious.  He left an evaluation year on the table in 2022, and now we're starting the season WORSE than last year, while he seems to build the team back to front on both phases. 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Still think were a LONG way from that. Ill always find it hard to believe that those shallow pockets are going to be paying 2 coaching staffs, especially as we continue to rebuild

A new OC? Sure, but a whole new staff...

I'm not so sure...say we get a repeat of last season and finish 3-14...gives him a record of 6-28...can you honestly see any way a HC survies that? Especially if we continue to see the type of run we are on just now giving up at least 25 points per game...for me they wouldn't have a choice but to replace the entire coaching staff...given the draft resources & cap space we will have next offseason I could see us potentially keeping Poles around for a 2nd shot with his own QB & truly his own HC but not the staff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not so sure...say we get a repeat of last season and finish 3-14...gives him a record of 6-28...can you honestly see any way a HC survies that? Especially if we continue to see the type of run we are on just now giving up at least 25 points per game...for me they wouldn't have a choice but to replace the entire coaching staff...given the draft resources & cap space we will have next offseason I could see us potentially keeping Poles around for a 2nd shot with his own QB & truly his own HC but not the staff.

And no worthwhile OC will want to go under Eberflus. Janocko may take the pay raise to take the role over, but that can't wait until 2024 if the offense keeps playing like trash. 

And Warren should be helping make the shots, he has no ties to Eberflus and it isn't his money. But winning can sure as hell secure an extension for him over the next few years. Why wait another year on a dead fish of a staff? And I absolutely loathe the idea of another QB being drafted early and then hiring his new HC the next year. But Bears have been incompetent for so long that may be exactly what happens, again. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Year one was ON PURPOSE. That goes for Poles, for Flus for everyone. We get clear of the offseason and you all seem to forget everything that happened last year. 

Anyone being honest knew this defense was still garbage, Zero DL, a secondary already banged up, and next to no depth. 

Getsy is really the only one who deserves to be looked at so far, and thats because not only were there questions to start, but he then made adjustments that worked, and for some unexplainable reason, reverted back to what didnt (and most likely beat the playmaking out of one of the most dynamic playmakers the Bears have ever had)

This was always pitched as a 3 year plan, always. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

1 out of 32 jobs in the world, Im sure no one would be interested...

Not if they don't want to sabotage their chances at being a HC earlier. There's a reason coaches have turned down opportunities elsewhere. 

Though failed pro coordinators seem to have a good chance of going to college and getting HC gigs. If Mel Tucker can do it...

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Not if they don't want to sabotage their chances at being a HC earlier. There's a reason coaches have turned down opportunities elsewhere. 

Though failed pro coordinators seem to have a good chance of going to college and getting HC gigs. If Mel Tucker can do it...

Let me let you in on a little secret, most guy who "turn down" or "pull their name from consideration" in any public search, werent ever really going to get the job anyway. 

If anything, it should be somewhere that a young innovative Offensive mind would love to take a shot on. Either you come in, turn around an Offense that has been dog water for like 5 years and you are the next wunderkind/guru. OR its just more of the same, none of the blame is on you, and you are right back to QB or WR coach or whatever they just were, but with the experience of OC on their resume now.

Plenty would be overjoyed to take the OC spot here. And honestly we should be looking at new/young/innovative minds weather its still Justin Fields or Caleb Williams, and not the same old retreads that cant budge form their stringent systems. 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Year one was ON PURPOSE. That goes for Poles, for Flus for everyone. We get clear of the offseason and you all seem to forget everything that happened last year. 

Anyone being honest knew this defense was still garbage, Zero DL, a secondary already banged up, and next to no depth. 

Getsy is really the only one who deserves to be looked at so far, and thats because not only were there questions to start, but he then made adjustments that worked, and for some unexplainable reason, reverted back to what didnt (and most likely beat the playmaking out of one of the most dynamic playmakers the Bears have ever had)

This was always pitched as a 3 year plan, always. 

I think regardless of the original plan…if he is 6-28 after two years I just see no way of selling that to any fan base as a plausible long term plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Let me know when the fanbase starts personally footing the bill for all those contracts

C’mon man you know it’s not that simple…

We keep losing and ticket sales go down…merchandise goes down…interest from sponsor disappears…losing hurts revenue streams which then hits everything we do especially with owners who have no other income than the franchise itself…if we don’t stop this tailspin very few people are surviving…Warren is safe come what may…personally I suspect Poles is as well because he has the argument that he has stockpiled resources and probably went into his original interview with a 3 year plan…Flus on the other hand is in real trouble if this losing continues because the buck stops with him…Getsy & Williams have proven they are just not up for the task…Fields can be saved IMO but it is going to take an HC/OC who really gets him and doesn’t want to turn him into anyone else…if we can’t find that then he is more than likely gone as well.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

C’mon man you know it’s not that simple…

Doubling up on all those contracts is what your are not considering. The ticket sales would have to be chopped in Half, atleast, for those things to start to balance out.

Moving on from one of the Coordinators makes sense. You can swallow that. Having Flus take over the Defense also makes sense. But a swooping move to get rid of everyone on the coaching staff 2 seasons in would be a massive move that this penny pinching franchise has just never really done.

We as also only 2 games in. (2 games we were likely to lose despite the outsized expectations of this fan base) The condemnation of the entire season is premature to say the least

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Doubling up on all those contracts is what your are not considering. The ticket sales would have to be chopped in Half, atleast, for those things to start to balance out.

Moving on from one of the Coordinators makes sense. You can swallow that. Having Flus take over the Defense also makes sense. But a swooping move to get rid of everyone on the coaching staff 2 seasons in would be a massive move that this penny pinching franchise has just never really done.

We as also only 2 games in. (2 games we were likely to lose despite the outsized expectations of this fan base) The condemnation of the entire season is premature to say the least

Losing the two games is not the issue...the manor of the losses is what is concerning...we haven't been in these games and frankly have been straight up bullied...you can not continue like that...

Do I hope Flus turns it around? 100%...I really like the guy I think he is a really good coach but is he another Marinelli or Fangio who is an excellent DC but just not an HC? Plenty of examples of it...do I hope QB1 turns is around? 100% I love the way the guy plays and the tools are insane (at this point still wouldn't draft anyone but Williams to replace him because no one else has his raw talent) but can he continue down this road of looking slower than ever in his process and taking so many hits? No...

Regardless of money no one can just sit on their hands if the franchise is going down the tubes and if we have the same sort of record as last year and continue to lose how we have been losing (these two games have been more of a beat down than some of the games last year) then we have real problems.

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Regardless of money no one can just sit on their hands if the franchise is going down the tubes and if we have the same sort of record as last year and continue to lose how we have been losing (these two games have been more of a beat down than some of the games last year) then we have real problems.

Just because you had an outsized expectation of what this team was, doesnt mean anything. If you were being realistic with yourself, incremental progress was all you should have been expecting. And the only way to be able to see that, is across 17 games, not 8 quarters.

Not to mention, on the road we had the ball with the opportunity to drive for a tie/win the game. But sure, we havent been in these games at all...

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just because you had an outsized expectation of what this team was, doesnt mean anything. If you were being realistic with yourself, incremental progress was all you should have been expecting. And the only way to be able to see that, is across 17 games, not 8 quarters.

Not to mention, on the road we had the ball with the opportunity to drive for a tie/win the game. But sure, we havent been in these games at all...

I am as optimistic as anyone around here but you are kidding yourself on if you think we were ever truly in those games...

Like I said I would love to see a turn around but right now there is nothing to suggest that is going to happen...12 games giving up more than 25+ in each of them...first team in NFL history to have that sort of run...that can not be ignored even if we aren't going to agree about how deep in a hole we are right now.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Losing the two games is not the issue...the manor of the losses is what is concerning...we haven't been in these games and frankly have been straight up bullied...you can not continue like that...

It's exactly this. I've watched a lot of "bad" teams this year and even then the play looks competent and professional. Not the case here in Chicago.

• Like 1