Week 2 GDT: Bears at Buccaneers

Ty21

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I am for sure calling to replace him. Getsy is trash. Like literally Nagy/Ron Turner/Loggains level trash. 

No way does Getsy get off free. He is absolutely a major issue for this and doesn't get to just kick blame over to the QB for a failing system. He calls the plays, he dials up the screen (one of over a dozen screens already this season) that Shaq returned for a pick-6. Then Shaq talked about how they knew it was a screen.

Fields is being forced into a pocket passer rather than letting him move around and change launch points for throws to pressure the DBs. He has had a TON of plays where two receivers are in the same spot. This is the 2nd year in the system, this should happen MAYBE once per game when they both same-side receivers make reads on the defense that oppose one another. Fields' dropbacks being so slow and lackadaisical is something that has been done repetitively in practice. A QB coach and OC need to be focusing on technical repetition just like any other spot, so having those stupidly slow dropbacks has been allowed. Teaching a QB to do 2-3 quick reads, dump or run is something that needs drilled into them with hundreds and hundreds of reps. Clearly that hasn't been done. THAT is on Getsy.  

Fields has a ton of blame, as does Eberflus, but Getsy getting fired if this level of offensive incompetence would be totally fair. 

It would be better if you call to replace Williams or Flus... because the Defense sucks!  Getsy has done good so far... Fields is not getting it.

I think cutting Lewis and Gipson and kept Green and DRob was a bad idea... IMO...  It showed how the staffs think.

Edited by JibjeResearch

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Did they say anything else?  I Thought that play got blown up pretty immediately and was confused as to what the tip off was (besides a screen being statistically likely) that let TB get right in the way of that play.

The screens have had success, we have far bigger problems than just too many screens.  Players are sloppy as hell, OL is talent deficient, pretty sure the QB is wrecked in the head...  playcalling has had successes but they're more than overmatched with plays that don't even make sense is a theoretical way. I swear there are plays out there where receivers are supposed to run into each other, and plays where OL are just supposed to... leave?  It's all bad.  Getting better in season would require a couple of things to change, not just better playcalls, or Jenkins comes back, or Fields says screw-it and starts playing backyard ball. 

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Did they say anything else?  I Thought that play got blown up pretty immediately and was confused as to what the tip off was (besides a screen being statistically likely) that let TB get right in the way of that play.

The screens have had success, we have far bigger problems than just too many screens.  Players are sloppy as hell, OL is talent deficient, pretty sure the QB is wrecked in the head...  playcalling has had successes but they're more than overmatched with plays that don't even make sense is a theoretical way. I swear there are plays out there where receivers are supposed to run into each other, and plays where OL are just supposed to... leave?  It's all bad.  Getting better in season would require a couple of things to change, not just better playcalls, or Jenkins comes back, or Fields says screw-it and starts playing backyard ball. 

That pick6 should not had happened.  Fields played like a zombie.  It was so crowded, you don't throw into a crowd like that.

Again... I think Fields need to solve his internal issue.

6 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

It would be better if you call to replace Williams or Flus... because the Defense sucks!  Getsy has done good so far... Fields is not getting it.

I think cutting Lewis and Gipson and kept Green and DRob was a bad idea... IMO...  It showed how the staffs think.

Uhm, are we watching the same sport?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

HOLY **** 

I was very passively watching this game, and did not notice that. It's not exactly the same but that is just stunning to try that 3x.  That's the kind of thing you do if you're a team that is outplaying the other side, and your OL in specific is able to dictate the game.  If you have a sluggish QB,  a bottom third OL and Chase Claypool with some random monkey wrenching... not so much. 

Starting to think these Bears might kinda suck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

what-are-you-talking-about-huh.gif

The Bears are averaging less points than they were last year - in a full blown tank year - while having better talent around Fields. 

Execution is poor across the board, scheme is obviously predictable, and Getsy cannot make adjustments. 

2 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

I think cutting Lewis and Gipson and kept Green and DRob was a bad idea... IMO...  It shows how the staffs think.

They were wrong because two mediocre players were cut? Gipson has played 7 snaps in two games and Lewis has 0 snaps this year - both for a reason. Neither of them are going to elevate this defense. 

6 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

That pick6 should not had happened.  Fields played like a zombie.  It was so crowded, you don't throw into a crowd like that.

Again... I think Fields need to solve his internal issue.

Getsy called essentially the same play 3 times from the same formation IN SUCCESSION, and called it when Fields had to be IN the endzone. Can't throw it away, can't get outside the pocket with the rush being let up in your face, and can't be repetitive with playcalls. Or are you saying he should have taken the safety? 

When you give up the immediate pressure for a screen there just isn't 4-5 options, there isn't time to make multiple reads, you either throw it to your guy or you throw the ball away - and he couldn't throw it away since there was no way to get outside the tackle box. 

Its simple. Fields has been disappointing, but Getsy has been the most detrimental individual on the roster or staff this year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

HOLY **** 

I was very passively watching this game, and did not notice that. It's not exactly the same but that is just stunning to try that 3x.  That's the kind of thing you do if you're a team that is outplaying the other side, and your OL in specific is able to dictate the game.  If you have a sluggish QB,  a bottom third OL and Chase Claypool with some random monkey wrenching... not so much. 

Starting to think these Bears might kinda suck. 

Yep. I've never claimed Bears fans to be smart as a whole - no franchise really does - but it has been noticed by 95% that Getsy is a hack . 

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/luke-getsy-firing-fans-news-rumors/

Forte and Orlovsky even called him out for his stupidity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. I've never claimed Bears fans to be smart as a whole - no franchise really does - but it has been noticed by 95% that Getsy is a hack . 

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/luke-getsy-firing-fans-news-rumors/

Forte and Orlovsky even called him out for his stupidity. 

Fondly recalling last October when there were people worrying we were going to lose Getsy when he got a HC offer...

To be fair, I think I was peeling some of the 60lbs of apples my wife insisted we needed to pick, so may not have noticed the same play three in a row after dimly noting the results were failure. 

• Like 1

You guys can say whatever about Getsy....  it does not matter...

>>>>>>>>>>When Fields throws the ball to the right receiver... it will lead to point on the board.  When the defense can make stops, it will give Fields more chances....

Everything is on Fields... the Bears go where Fields takes them.....

I am willing to bet, if Fields throws well and leads to points/win.... nobody will say much about Getsy!  Nobody will talk about the play call.....  Everybody will say good things about Fields!

Give Fields 3 more games and then play Bagent!

Edited by JibjeResearch

https://x.com/ImBearingDown/status/1703612202438066519?s=20

When you see all of Fields snaps from yesterday back to back it is tough to watch just how gun shy he has become...I am a big believer that is down to a lack of confidence in what he is being asked to do and poor coaching...

Another thing this made me see is Getsy has now butchered the "Shanahan/McVay" scheme...very little in the way of what makes that scheme work...it looks more like what Zac Taylor has moved to in Cincinnati with Burrow...problem is we don't have Burrow and can't move away from the original iteration of the scheme.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/ImBearingDown/status/1703612202438066519?s=20

When you see all of Fields snaps from yesterday back to back it is tough to watch just how gun shy he has become...I am a big believer that is down to a lack of confidence in what he is being asked to do and poor coaching...

Another thing this made me see is Getsy has now butchered the "Shanahan/McVay" scheme...very little in the way of what makes that scheme work...it looks more like what Zac Taylor has moved to in Cincinnati with Burrow...problem is we don't have Burrow and can't move away from the original iteration of the scheme.

Agree,,,