Week 2 GDT: Bears at Buccaneers

Ty21

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its almost like there's a reason they weren't First Round Picks

Well you're correct, but four 2's in two years and none of them look like game changers (editors note: 2 games is meaningless). To further that, 6 picks in rounds 2 and 3 the last 2 years and none of them look like steals. Counting on them to be GREAT is obtuse, but you hope to strike gold on one of them

Edited by beardown3231

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Always a great way to start a discussion point

Yep. I wonder if that works both ways for those who support Getsy and blame everything on Fields. Let's try:

"You can say whatever about Fields....  it does not matter... "  End of discussion? Nah.

Also if everything is on Fields but it has been mentioned how bad the defense is. We should all know Herbert had put up a ton of points and has a losing record. Is it his fault? Seems like the same poor argument about Mahomes having a losing record in college.

I'm willing to bet with competent coaching that Fields would put up more points and no one would say anything bad about Getsy.

* that's not all directed at you STL. I deleted the quote on accident. Lol

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/ImBearingDown/status/1703612202438066519?s=20

When you see all of Fields snaps from yesterday back to back it is tough to watch just how gun shy he has become...I am a big believer that is down to a lack of confidence in what he is being asked to do and poor coaching...

Another thing this made me see is Getsy has now butchered the "Shanahan/McVay" scheme...very little in the way of what makes that scheme work...it looks more like what Zac Taylor has moved to in Cincinnati with Burrow...problem is we don't have Burrow and can't move away from the original iteration of the scheme.

A disconnect is clearly happening... 

The scheme and QB do not fit. Is JF an efficient processing throwing machine ? NO  

Can JF be a good to very good starting QB in the NFL ? YES

I don't think Getsy is awful and may even be competent to good with a different QB, but sadly for Getsy he is odd-man out. We have to build a JF scheme from the inside out... 

I don't think LG is our guy for this 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

The scheme and QB do not fit. Is JF an efficient processing throwing machine ? NO  

Strongly agree with the first part... 

But there is simply nothing to suggest the second part is accurate. You see flashes from Fields, but you also saw flashes from Trubisky... I'd add that while Mitch sucked overall, he's still statistically better than Fields. 

11 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

A disconnect is clearly happening... 

I don't think Getsy is awful and may even be competent to good with a different QB, but sadly for Getsy he is odd-man out. We have to build a JF scheme from the inside out... 

I don't think LG is our guy for this 

Play Bagent..... He might turn out to be the Bears' Purdy lolz ahahahahaha🤣

and then.... GOOD BYE Fields lolzahahahahaha🤣😂😁

6 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

over/under 3 weeks  

before Getsy has personal issue away from team 💀 

The problem with replacing Getsy is I don't know who even replaces him. 

The ideal time to make any change (Getsy, Fields, or hell both) is right around that 3 week mark though... We've got a Thursday game coming up in a few weeks then a "mini bye" with a few extra days to work on stuff. 

12 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Strongly agree with the first part... 

But there is simply nothing to suggest the second part is accurate. You see flashes from Fields, but you also saw flashes from Trubisky... I'd add that while Mitch sucked overall, he's still statistically better than Fields. 

Mitch had some wheels but I've never seem him do anything close to what JF can do with his legs. Fields is a threat to score every single play.  Fields and Mitch are more relatable in processing speeds seeing the field, accuracy issues. I'll add that we have seen Fields do it at a MUCHHH higher level in college, big stages

Maybe Justin still believes that he is QB1 of the universe and needs expectations calibrated... idk

I've seen too much throwing success from him so say he cannot become a top 15-20 passer in the NFL. He is already top 1 rushing QB which roughly balances out to top 10-15 QB. You can win SBs w top 10-15 QBs   esp one that can run and shed guys and make guys miss the way JF can

Get really good at what the Eagles did on Thursday.  Put JF in shotgun behind dominate rush-pro OL with violent smart RB next to him and GO TO WORK ! work passing in off of it

34 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

Play Bagent..... He might turn out to be the Bears' Purdy lolz ahahahahaha🤣

and then.... GOOD BYE Fields lolzahahahahaha🤣😂😁

never say goodbye Fields unless heavy draft comp is coming back. worse case scenario he becomes a rich man's Taysom Hill and EXCELLENT qb2

would be a rough transition for JF I'm sure but I'm not letting him out of my building 👍🏻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I am for sure calling to replace him. Getsy is trash. Like literally Nagy/Ron Turner/Loggains level trash. 

No way does Getsy get off free. He is absolutely a major issue for this and doesn't get to just kick blame over to the QB for a failing system. He calls the plays, he dials up the screen (one of over a dozen screens already this season) that Shaq returned for a pick-6. Then Shaq talked about how they knew it was a screen.

Fields is being forced into a pocket passer rather than letting him move around and change launch points for throws to pressure the DBs. He has had a TON of plays where two receivers are in the same spot. This is the 2nd year in the system, this should happen MAYBE once per game when they both same-side receivers make reads on the defense that oppose one another. Fields' dropbacks being so slow and lackadaisical is something that has been done repetitively in practice. A QB coach and OC need to be focusing on technical repetition just like any other spot, so having those stupidly slow dropbacks has been allowed. Teaching a QB to do 2-3 quick reads, dump or run is something that needs drilled into them with hundreds and hundreds of reps. Clearly that hasn't been done. THAT is on Getsy.  

Fields has a ton of blame, as does Eberflus, but Getsy getting fired if this level of offensive incompetence would be totally fair. 

I am leaning this way as well towards Getsy. I haven't been impressed with him aside from when he switched the offense around last year to match Fields' strengths as a play maker / runner

It seems to me they are trying to force something that's not there by making Justin sit in the pocket and try to scan the whole field and it's clearly messing with his game so far

Fields is not an anticipation thrower. It's clear he does not have that ability at this point and he may never because I don't think that's something you just develop over time. You kind of either have it or you don't.

That's not to say he does not have arm talent or ability to be a successful starter, because we've all seen those wow moments from him but as of right now I just think they're trying too hard to make him into something he's not instead of working to his strengths 

I ask myself  too maybe this is all by design that they're making Justin  take his lumps and suffer for a bit so he learns how to be a NFL pocket passer..but man I just don't know if that's ever going to happen 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/robertkschmitz/status/1703871270402568301?s=20

When another coach says they are having a tough time even breaking down a play because it is so sloppy I think it tells you everything you need to know about the OC

They're creating chaos and confusion which means it's working?

29 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

They're creating chaos and confusion which means it's working?

I can't remember a time I have just wanted someone to piss off more then Getsy...I find him infuriating...

Sad we are in week 2 and I already have my top 3 HC candidates in mind and have started researching who they could all bring in on their staffs 🙄 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Sad we are in week 2 and I already have my top 3 HC candidates in mind and have started researching who they could all bring in on their staffs 🙄 

Still think were a LONG way from that. Ill always find it hard to believe that those shallow pockets are going to be paying 2 coaching staffs, especially as we continue to rebuild

A new OC? Sure, but a whole new staff...

Edited by StLunatic88