Week 2: Eagles vs Vikings - Home Opener Edition

AZ_Eaglesfan

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Groin injury again is nagging him. Seems like he pulled it or whatever it was last year, again

Regardless, this probably Lanes last season. I don't think we'll need to use our 1st on a RT-and we might already have him with Steen, but probably gonna need to use one of our 2nds or package them up for a RG or RT.

Our OL a year from now gonna look like:
Mailata---Dickerson---Jurgens---Steen or a rook---Steen or a rook

Edited by Jeezla

One thing I do like about Desai is that he's not just using Jordan Davis as a traditional space eating NT.
Jordan Davis has looked solid getting upfield pressure when he gets 1 on 1 situations and seems to have gotten his stamina up.
Desai needs to disguise coverages better, but it's not the easiest task when you have our LB group in addition to missing your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best secondary players the majority of the game.
Still, would nice if we could hold a QB to under 300 passing yards. We're back to anyone Derek Carr level or above putting #'s on us.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I’d expect Bradberry will also see some slot snaps when he is back. Jobe isn’t great, but he was serviceable last night. Bradberry will still mainly play outside, but Jobe > Goodrich right now. 

Bradberry will get cooked in the slot unless it’s against a TE or maybe a bigger slower receiver.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This bums me out cause I like Maddox as a player and person, but this is who he is. His body just can’t hold up.

Really hope Goodrich can keep improving with more reps.

Yeah we can only be so hard on Goodrich i suppose. Let's see how he looks with a normal game week prep with the defense.

6 hours ago, Jays3 said:

Seemed like jurgens had a tough time, at least earlier in the game. Besides that I think the OL is starting to get back in a groove 

Jurgans struggled in the eye test and Lane also didn't look good, perhaps as a result. We probably need to draft a Guard early next year and just hope Jurgens is more suited for Center.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Jurgans struggled in the eye test and Lane also didn't look good, perhaps as a result. We probably need to draft a Guard early next year and just hope Jurgens is more suited for Center

It's early, but I have no doubt Jurgens struggles or lack of communication these past two games is effecting Lane. 

Hopefully the more time they play together,  the better it gets. People underrated Isaac and just how good/smart he was his entire time here IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's early, but I have no doubt Jurgens struggles or lack of communication these past two games is effecting Lane. 

Hopefully the more time they play together,  the better it gets. People underrated Isaac and just how good/smart he was his entire time here IMO. 

all that brain power was stored in his hair

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bradberry will get cooked in the slot unless it’s against a TE or maybe a bigger slower receiver.

Yeah what, Bradberry in the slot is total waste of talent. Not shifty at all, woukd get cooked + whoever replaces him on outside would be inferior.

I really don’t know what we can do at slot in house but pray these young guys develop fast. Maddox loss really stings what was already a shaky back 7.

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Obviously Sweat went nuts having 5 QB hits and a sack last night but both Reddick and Smith didn't record a single defensive stat? Tackle, pressure, QB hit, sack, nothing?

That is concerning as well.

Think Nolan only got like 5 snaps on defense and 1 on special teams so nothing concerning there, however Reddick is coming along slowly but I think he'll get better each week. Once he does get going though this Dline is going to be even more fun to watch.