GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Don't get me wrong, if we're talking about which side is "more" responsible for this loss, it's the defense all day long.  I just can't absolve the offense completely.

The defense was playing with all of their guys. The offense was without 4 of it's top 5 players. IT was time for the defense to step up and shut that mickey mouse outfit down. 

They don't trust their quarterback and the mental midget DC let's them run the damn ball down our throat. Literally the only way they can beat us is by running the ball and controlling the clock. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The defense was playing with all of their guys. The offense was without 4 of it's top 5 players. IT was time for the defense to step up and shut that mickey mouse outfit down. 

They don't trust their quarterback and the mental midget DC let's them run the damn ball down our throat. Literally the only way they can beat us is by running the ball and controlling the clock. 

Not to nitpick, but that literally is not true.  The most likely way?  Absolutely.  The only way?  Not at all.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Not to nitpick, but that literally is not true.  The most likely way?  Absolutely.  The only way?  Not at all.

What we saw transpire, it was the only way. We could have turned the ball over a bunch of times, but going into that game as a DC, you have to stop the run. Barry is a ******* moron. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Quay Walker seems to be showing up a lot more this year in a good way.  Where is Campbell?

Wearing the Radio Dot and working in somewhat quieter support in the middle, which was bound to happen if we ever found a high-round LB to pair up with him.

It's actually kind of a rarity for us. The last time in which the higher-round picked ILB was good enough to make his counterpart seem quiet was what, the Johnny Holland/Brian Noble combo in the late 80's/early 90's?

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Sure, I've got no problem with that stance, but did we get a 4th Q first down? You can't have that stance regarding TOP when you have the lead. A 5 minute drive with no points is still very valuable, 3 and out multiple times is unacceptable.

simpler, and IMO correct way to view is that both units had chances to win/seal the game and neither did it.  Both units kept the Falcons in the game, and Falcons were good enough to be able to win the game vs "not lose it"

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This, now I am getting a bit frustrated that LaFleur seems to rest players with minor injuries a bit more than I feel he should, but at the same I get that he doesn't want them reaggravating them and potentially making them worse.  But man I feel like he's out of excuses if CW9 and AJ33 aren't returned for duty against the Saints.

And I'll say I do think we may have come to expect a bit too much perfection out of this young offense.  Plays such as when Musgrave and Love had a disconnect early on there are things that happen with young players and we have to live with them.  And I hate this hate on Dillon who can't help that he's a power downhill runner and not a WR RB hybrid like Aaron Jones.  And he never fumbled so putting the loss on him is just dumb.

Defense though ... Man flashbacks to 2008 for sure.  Rodgers may have failed to deliver in some close ones then like Love did in his final opportunity today, but both were put in that situation way too many times by an awful defense.  I definitely point the finger at Barry today for once again getting burned on the edge by Robinson on the same exact play, just like Saquon Barkley did last year.  Matt LaFleur needs to be pressured into firing him once this season is over, or be threatened with being fired himself.

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Defense though ... Man flashbacks to 2008 for sure.  Rodgers may have failed to deliver in some close ones then like Love did in his final opportunity today, but both were put in that situation way too many times by an awful defense.  I definitely point the finger at Barry today for once again getting burned on the edge by Robinson on the same exact play, just like Saquon Barkley did last year.  Matt LaFleur needs to be pressured into firing him once this season is over, or be threatened with being fired himself.

I had this game as a win in a ten win season. If, as others predicted, we only win six or seven games, an excuse to fire Barry is the silver lining outcome.

12 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Is Jonathan Ford active? Wouldn't mind another big body in there to help vs the run

Bumping this for obvious reasons. Does this 6'5 340lb F350 suck at playing the run or why the hell wasn't he activated to help in run D?

Could've used him over a rookie like Brooks or Wooden, although I am very high on both those guys... just seems pass rushing is more their forte.