Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think they can be easily skewed still. Look at the game vs WAS. Fields threw for 282 yards, 4 TDs, and 0 INTs. Sounds great, and all numbers are true. But when you look at the stats you also see Moore accounted for 230 of them, and 143 yards were YAC. The eye test shows Fields wasn't as good as his statline, and Moore being a baler was the reason for his inflated stats. 

Also if looking at passing stats it can prove that numbers lie. Look at historical numbers for Air Raid QBs. Players like Brennan, Harrell , Zappe, and Keenum had crazy yards but that doesn't mean they were the best passers. They were just in very friendly QB systems with high volume attempts. 

Not really arguing, just that context matters way more than flat numbers IMO. Fields can have numbers show he's great or look totally inept. He's somewhere in the middle. 

Like you said you can still skew stats...for example does DJ get those YAC yards if it is not for the ball placement of Justin? Can argue that all day long...

The point is over his last 16 games for some of the plays he has missed and some of the plays he has made his stats are pretty great...now that will never tell the whole story but it also can't be simply disguarded...

Everything has to be taken into account when building a full picture of any player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Like you said you can still skew stats...for example does DJ get those YAC yards if it is not for the ball placement of Justin? Can argue that all day long...

The point is over his last 16 games for some of the plays he has missed and some of the plays he has made his stats are pretty great...now that will never tell the whole story but it also can't be simply disguarded...

Everything has to be taken into account when building a full picture of any player.

This one is much easier to dispute.  If it was Justin's amazing ball placement, then other WRs would have had some level of success.  Instead, one receiver accounted for 250 of his 280 passing yards, so its pretty clear to see that Justin is not the one who led DJ Moore to success.

15 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

This one is much easier to dispute.  If it was Justin's amazing ball placement, then other WRs would have had some level of success.  Instead, one receiver accounted for 250 of his 280 passing yards, so its pretty clear to see that Justin is not the one who led DJ Moore to success.

Or are those other receivers just bad?…

Again round in circles man.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Or are those other receivers just bad?…

Again round in circles man.

It is obviously not that.  You can pretend that's the reason but clearly the other WRs aren't so bad that 90% of all passing yards went to Moore.  We can play this game but you are denying the obvious.  

3 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

It is obviously not that.  You can pretend that's the reason but clearly the other WRs aren't so bad that 90% of all passing yards went to Moore.  We can play this game but you are denying the obvious.  

Am I? Which other WR on this team is a quality option? Mooney has been found out big time, Velus & Scott struggle with drops, ESB? No…

Again it is easy to say there are multiple aspects to everything we see…just cutting out information doesn’t help anyone form a proper long term opinion.

1 hour ago, howru8888 said:

The Fields conversation begins and ends with 1 question: are you prepared to give him an extension at seasons end? With the draft class coming out the Bears don’t have the luxury of just picking up the 5th. It’s either extension or draft a new QB

"Oh hell naw, to the new naw no. Hell naw, to the naw naw no."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, howru8888 said:

The Fields conversation begins and ends with 1 question: are you prepared to give him an extension at seasons end? With the draft class coming out the Bears don’t have the luxury of just picking up the 5th. It’s either extension or draft a new QB

It’s absolutely not only extend him or cut bait. The binary reactions around here never cease to amaze me. 

And to think we somehow already have a Top 2 pick locked up is also completely presumptuous. Because if ARZ and NE are the Top 2 picks they are absolutely taking QBs and you’re not reaching for Quinn Ewers or Jordan Travis. 

We got the football gods to shine on us at the end of the season last year, you all assuming it’s happening again is really setting up for some hilarious reactions when we end up with like the 3rd and 10th picks. Which would be amazing to most fan bases, but somehow it’s going to be the end of the world around here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

It’s absolutely not only extend him or cut bait. The binary reactions around here never cease to amaze me. 

And to think we somehow already have a Top 2 pick locked up is also completely presumptuous. Because if ARZ and NE are the Top 2 picks they are absolutely taking QBs and you’re not reaching for Quinn Ewers or Jordan Travis. 

We got the football gods to shine on us at the end of the season last year, you all assuming it’s happening again is really setting up for some hilarious reactions when we end up with like the 3rd and 10th picks. Which would be amazing to most fan bases, but somehow it’s going to be the end of the world around here. 

Exactly. Everything with Fields doesn’t have to be so damn polarizing all the time. 

All options remain on the table depending on how the next 8 games play out. If we end up picking outside the top 2 and Fields is solid but not great the rest of the way then him being the starter in 2024 is absolutely still on the table, with or without picking up the 5th year option. 

• Like 1

As much as bringing Fields back from injury on Thursday would be great it is worth keeping in mind the Panthers for as bad as they have been have the #3 ranked passing offence in the league this year which is really impressive considering the injuries and how bad the offence is...

Really hope they clear house this offseason and we can take a run at Evero to be our next DC with either Harbaugh (especially given their time together in SF) or Johnson at HC.

This pretty much my opinion as well.   As it stands today.

Justin can change my mind.   He has rest of the year. 

I would add he was in a class by himself as a rusher in 2022.  He isn't as fast this season as he was last year.  I haven't looked at anything to back that up.  Just my eyeballs.  

• Like 1

JF1 is not going anywhere, he is toooo talented....  Poles will get him an OT, an OC, and a 1a WR. 

I don't think Getsy is going anywhere either.  JF1 plays better in a 2 TEs and 2 WRs set.  This should be his base formation.

Just give him a 3.5 seconds OL....   JF1 will be bombing left and right lolz ahahahaha🤣😂

43 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

JF1 is not going anywhere, he is toooo talented....  Poles will get him an OT, an OC, and a 1a WR. 

I don't think Getsy is going anywhere either.  JF1 plays better in a 2 TEs and 2 WRs set.  This should be his base formation.

Just give him a 3.5 seconds OL....   JF1 will be bombing left and right lolz ahahahaha🤣😂

What the actual **** 

• Like 3