Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

To clarify re: processing, that’s more learned via experience than taught. I didn’t say that well in my prior post. Just like anything anyone does over and over again, the more you do something the faster you can do it.

I’m not convinced it’s as much a processing issue for Justin as it is a trust issue though (purely my opinion here). When he does make quick and/or instinctive decisions and throw with anticipation, where is the ball going? Almost exclusively it’s when he’s going to 1 or 85. Which guys did he work with most on building trust and rapport this offseason? 1 and 85. Which guys are the only non-replacement level or below pieces in the WR/TE groups skill wise right now? 1 and 85. Which guys in those groups are the only ones sure to be part of the squad in 2024 as we look to continue to upgrade the roster? 1 and 85. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. 

This is true if surrounding circumstances remained somewhat similar or  if surrounding circumstances could be controlled, but neither is the case in NFL football. Every play is DIFFERENT, every decent DC will throw wrenches at JF making it harder and harder for his processing to ever catch up ...processing is just not his thing, even in the short pass game there is still a slower wind up with Fields. 

Processing, crunchtime play (esp crunchtime TOs), and availability/career longevity are the issues. I believe he can maybe fix the crunchtime play and TOs but the other 2 aren't going anywhere.

Poles will most likely draft CW and then trade Fields 😢 

I am not trading away JF for anything less than a top 40 pick or a stud player, or maybe top 64 pick & a good starter 

If I do not get this, I'm keeping Fields and drafting Williams

Edited by SLCbear

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

When he does make quick and/or instinctive decisions and throw with anticipation, where is the ball going?

Bingo. If you read between the lines as well from some of the comments from DJ Moore, Cole Kmet and even Justin Fields himself, there have been times where WRs ran the wrong route or were not at the proper depth at the proper time. You can't throw to spots / with anticipation if you don't trust your WR to be there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe they players will understand once they're told he's 28th in completion percentage, 22nd in ypa, 25th in interception percentage, and 30th in sack percentage

FWIW Fields has only thrown 2 non-Hail Mary INTs in his last 8 games (one of which went straight up in the air because he got creamed as he was throwing it (MIN)), and just 1 (AZ) since coming back from the hand injury. Every single team in the league would be thrilled with that from their QB. 

Players don’t give a **** about the stat sheet when they’re looking at who can play and who can’t. Fans do. 

• Like 3

I don't believe there would be mutiny if Fields would be traded. Long brothers don't either, that's just sensationalism. Better players (at their own positions) have been traded (Smith was last year by CHI, Moore was to CHI this season). Feeling will get hurt for sure, players will be upset, but they come back and play. Its how they get their paycheck.

I would like the first few days of overreactions from the fans. It would get old quickly but with Bears football over it would be something pre-draft. Plus seeing how so many who said he's a running back would then be saying he is an MVP candidate. 🤷‍♂️

Then when that episode ends there will be the annual Tebow article for no reason whatsoever.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Hi again. 😇

Does Benjamin Allbright have a good history with Bears’ info?

Can't say I've ever seen him reporting info related to the Bears.  He has always had a pretty negative view of Fields fwiw.

49 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Hi again. 😇

Does Benjamin Allbright have a good history with Bears’ info?

So I am one of the naysayers on Fields being a franchise QB but I can argue against a few things here.

Fields actually has 7 total TDs in that span (4 passing, 3 rushing). While I lack any social media newer than Facebook I would not trust a guy who can't count to 7 accurately when only reviewing 5 statlines.

2 of those INTs were hail mary passes. Its an empty stat counting them because you're basically telling the guy to make a 5% chance of success work.

Fields may not be killing it passing but has also had two dropped TDs in the last 3 weeks. Both were bombs that would have counted for over 40 yards.

Fields has accounted for 266 yards on average over those 5 games, as he is a primary rusher as well.

Now has Fields been stellar? No. He was terrible vs MIN, he sucked vs CLE (which was also one that he had a dropped bomb as well, but even with that he still was bad), and he has had 5 fumbles in the last 5 weeks. He does not protect the ball well enough and too often flubs his easiest throws. But he is an electric athlete who makes plays that only 2-3 other guys could make at times too, several of the major plays he makes haven't been crazy stat stuffing plays, but evading 2 guys for a sack, getting outside the pocket and feinting a rush to draw a DB to open up a passing lane may have only been like a 10-15 yard pass, but it was on 3rd down and allowed the offense to move downfeld. It was a much bigger play than just a 15 yard completion.

So I can see it either way. Some believe with better coaching you see a LOT more of the H1M plays and WAY less of the WTF plays. I think he is what he is, an elite athlete that can sling it all over but isn't that good at reading a defense. He will make spectacular Mahomes/Rodgers level throws then short-arm a flat like Tebow in the same game. It actually was what got Herbert hurt earlier in the year, and was a routine throw.

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Always a concern when the bookies don't even know what to think hahaha

TBF I don't think Poles has more than a rough flowchart of possibilities right now, so if he doesn't know we are all guessing.

And if it is anything like last year, we will all be way the hell off anyway after all the deliberation. lol

53 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Can't say I've ever seen him reporting info related to the Bears.  He has always had a pretty negative view of Fields fwiw.

Convenient that he stopped it at 5 games since in the 6th game he completed 69.6% of his passes and that doesn’t fit the context of his post (which misstates the stats in an anti-Fields way anyway). He also leaves out that in the past 5 games he also has 289 rushing yards (393 in his last 6) and fails to mention that they’ve averaged 24.2 ppg over the last 5 (would be 8th in the league over a full season). Allbright has a ton of NFL knowledge and connections and I respect his work, but he seems to do a lot of box score scouting when it comes to Fields (which, to be fair, would be entirely understandable since he is a reporter who covers the Broncos). 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

TBF I don't think Poles has more than a rough flowchart of possibilities right now, so if he doesn't know we are all guessing.

And if it is anything like last year, we will all be way the hell off anyway after all the deliberation. lol

The photo in the Eisner tweet is an example of the stuff that gives those who only follow the draft causally the impression that there are only 2 real options for the Bears at 1 if they trade Fields (Williams or MHJ) when we all know there are a dozen or more realistic possibilities. 

• Like 1

So I was forced to look up Mitch Trubisky stats to defend his honor from some rando claiming Fields was dramatically better...

Mitch had 7 games in his first 3 years with over 300 yards passing..... Fields barely got to 1. What are we even doing here with Fields... WHY is this even a debate across Chicagoland?