Josh Allen without Brian Daboll

notthatbluestuff

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Unfortunately he can't always play the Raiders.

He's shown he can demolish top tier defenses as well. He just has to reel in his game a bit, and he'll be back. Sunday was a good start. He has to keep the momentum going, though. Time will tell if he can figure out the consistency part of the game. He's shown in the past he's capable of that. It's the next step in his development. If he does take that step, then watch out, because I don't think Burrow will be on his level, either. That's the tough part to figure out, though. Easier said than done. 

We are 6 years into his career. He's not going to have mindset shift with how he plays because he's been both successful and has gotten constant accolades for playing like this. That's not how human beings work. If you get rewarded for doing things a certain way over a long period of time the more resistant you become to changes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The switch to more 12 personnel looks has certainly been a welcome change. Allen is looking like his old self again. I also think we can't overlook the UCL injury. He's always been a bit up and down, but after that injury- he had a long stretch where he ranged from bad to pretty good. The lows were more frequent, and his peak wasn't as high as usual.

Finally, he has an O line that is providing really strong protection. He hasn't had a solid O line since 2020, and now he has weapons that are more sure handed than last season. Let's not forget Buffalo had to sign old veterans off the street to fill their WR room toward the end of the year. 

Some of it is on Allen cleaning up his antics. Some of it is likely him getting an offseason to heal. Some of it is Dorsey working his way through the learning curve of a new OC. The solid play of the O line and his weapons making the plays asked of them has helped, too.

It's only week 4, and I'm sure he'll have a few multi turnover games this year, but people have had some crazy hot takes surrounding him. He's at worst the 3rd best QB in the league, and he's probably the only QB in the league that can go toe-to-toe with Mahomes when the pressure ramps up. The Bills and Allen's downfall have been greatly exaggerated. 

Edited by WizeGuy

On 9/12/2023 at 7:17 AM, SmittyBacall said:
On 9/12/2023 at 7:09 AM, waterfish_21 said:

I wouldn't trade Jordan love for Josh Allen right now.  But if you want to punish me and other Packers fans and do that trade straight up, I guess we deserve it... 

God I hate week one. 

I was wondering if there was context. 

Yes... there was context.