Josh Allen without Brian Daboll

notthatbluestuff

I feel like he's been the same QB the last 3 years. 

4000-4500 yards, 35-40 TDs 10-15 INT with an extra 500-700 yards 8ish TD and 5ish turnovers on the ground 

Those are good numbers that I want my QB to have. Sometimes they come in waves.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 5

The turnovers are an issue but anyone saying Josh Allen is a tier 2 QB needs to get their eyes checked, he's clearly a top 5 QB.

The guy is a gambler, box score scouting doesn't do his game justice. Everyone wants to harp on the interceptions but they forget the 3-4 previous throws where he outruns half the DL just to complete a 6 yard pass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soggust said:

Exactly. That's why he's careful to state "picks/fumbles" instead of turnovers.

He has 7 fumbles lost since 2022. I'm not saying that's amazing, but the 10 extra account for 27% of his argument. 

Fumble recovers are almost entirely random. Very little skill is required. Sometimes the ball just bounces back to you and sometimes it doesn't

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StatKing said:

The turnovers are an issue but anyone saying Josh Allen is a tier 2 QB needs to get their eyes checked, he's clearly a top 5 QB.

The guy is a gambler, box score scouting doesn't do his game justice. Everyone wants to harp on the interceptions but they forget the 3-4 previous throws where he outruns half the DL just to complete a 6 yard pass.

Unless you have him on the same level as Mahomes, a tier 2 QB is exactly what he is*…. Doesn’t mean he’s not top 5.

*unless I missed “tier 2” becoming a derogatory term for QBs the same way “game manager” is. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Fumble recovers are almost entirely random. Very little skill is required. Sometimes the ball just bounces back to you and sometimes it doesn't

I get the idea and it would make some sense if we were projecting the future. In this case, however, we are evaluating since the start of 2022, so we don’t need to project possible turnovers, considering we know what actually happened.

I mean, fumbles are inherently random by nature.  A bad snap, wet conditions, etc. I don’t love equating every fumble lost as a loose ball either team had a 50:50 chance at. Especially in this context where we are already taking a further step to equate every possible fumble as a turnover (by adding to interceptions). 

Like, If a snap goes bad and Allen picks it up and runs for 10 yards, is that really the same as a turnover or an interception? I don’t like it. I prefer turnovers personally. 

Edited by Soggust

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yep. This is it. Matt Stafford is the same way. It's simply the cost of doing business. I'd rather have that type of guy than a checkdown artist.

Having my childhood be engulfed through the drought and remembering Trent Edwards I agree 100%.

I love Josh Allen. As annoyed as he made me Monday night, I know some time this year he’ll do something absolutely incredible that will win them the game and the talk will be if he’s QB2 in the entire NFL. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StatKing said:

He is definitely tier 2.

Tier 1 Mahomes

Tier 2 Joe Burrow, Josh Allen

Tier 3 Lawrence, Stanford? Herbert, Tua?

• Like 1