The Week 2 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Broncos: Let's Ride! - 4:25 Game - GIF Theme Tobey Maguire

MikeT14

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Some big shout outs. 

Logan Thomas, Sam Howell, B-Rob- Terry McLaurin, Saadiq Charles, John Bates, Daron Payne, Chase Young, Montez Sweat, Jamin Davis, Emmanuel Forbes, Kam Curl and Tress Way were all great today. 

Freaking stoked to see them comeback and look like a damn good team. 

Kam list a little on me when he ridiculously batted the Hail Mary up and into the endzone instead of batting it down and ending the game! 

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mac Jones

Brock Purdy

Justin Fields

Desmond Ridder

Tua Tagovailoa

Zach Wilson

Jordan Love

Kenny Pickett

Would you rather have any of these QBs over Sam Howell?

Tua but I think he's as much a product of having Tyreke & Waddle to throw to but he's also tremendously accurate and throws a beautiful arching deep ball the way Russ does. He would've been a good pick at #2 just like Herbert was if Ron had decided to go QB over Chase in 2020.

I think Howell, Purdy & Pickett are about equal.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Our window though is next year we gotta spend big and go all in next year that we still have Howell on a cheap contract.

49ers are doing this and the Seachickens did this when Wilson was cheap

I disagree. We need to re-sign our own guys. Kam needs paid, Tez and/or Chase needs re-signed while they restructure Jon Allen to make room. We need to see if Cody Barton progresses at the Mike. I'd rather not have a 3rd Mike in 3 years but if Barton doesn't play as he had the last 2 second halves but has first halves like he has the first games then he needs to be upgraded.

We need to decide if we want to re-sign Samuel - depends on the price - and I think we should re-sign Dyami.

We need to upgrade OT for our future but, I think we should draft an OT in R1. I think this is Logan’s last year in DC, we should draft another TE, it could be early but it doesn't have to be as I trust Cole Turner to be our starter and Bates to be our #2/main blocking TE w/ Amari Rogers of someone like Hodges being our #3.

The 49ers & Seachickens of the past didn't aren't spendng in FA. The seahawks of the mid-last decade paid to keep their own guys, they paid to keep the Legion of Boom together, their DL & Marshawn Lynch.

They didn't spend a lot in FA. The 49ers only sighed a #1 CB & traded/re-signed Trent.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I disagree. We need to re-sign our own guys. Kam needs paid, Tez and/or Chase needs re-signed while they restructure Jon Allen to make room. We need to see if Cody Barton progresses at the Mike. I'd rather not have a 3rd Mike in 3 years but if Barton doesn't play as he had the last 2 second halves but has first halves like he has the first games then he needs to be upgraded.

We need to decide if we want to re-sign Samuel - depends on the price - and I think we should re-sign Dyami.

We need to upgrade OT for our future but, I think we should draft an OT in R1. I think this is Logan’s last year in DC, we should draft another TE, it could be early but it doesn't have to be as I trust Cole Turner to be our starter and Bates to be our #2/main blocking TE w/ Amari Rogers of someone like Hodges being our #3.

The 49ers & Seachickens of the past didn't aren't spendng in FA. The seahawks of the mid-last decade paid to keep their own guys, they paid to keep the Legion of Boom together, their DL & Marshawn Lynch.

They didn't spend a lot in FA. The 49ers only sighed a #1 CB & traded/re-signed Trent.

Brock Bowers. 

Up and Downs Week 2

Ups
1) Sam Howell/Eric Bieniemy - The good news about Sam Howell is that he doesn't get rattled. It's where his reserved persona comes into play where it is helpful. Reminds me of Braden Holtby out there. After a mistake, he shakes it off and is on to the next play, unaffected it seems. EB called a much better game in week 2, as he started to utilize his run game more efficiently, and get more guys involved. 
2) Logan Thomas/The TEs - It still wasn't a perfect showing, but Logan Thomas holding on to that touchdown was ridiculous. Bates and Turner had a couple of nice plays too. We got some good contribution from them.
3) The D-Line/Chase Young - It was a slow start for the group, but they ramped the hell up as the game went on. Want to specifically shout out to Young. Had a couple of hiccups, but also had some HUGE plays in the game. 

Downs
1) Slye and Cheeseman - Not sure who to blame specifically for the first one, but Joey Slyce was out on the 2nd one.
2) Curl for the Hail Mary - bat the ball down.
3) Slow start - can't do that next week against the Bills. 

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mac Jones

Brock Purdy

Justin Fields

Desmond Ridder

Tua Tagovailoa

Zach Wilson

Jordan Love

Kenny Pickett

Would you rather have any of these QBs over Sam Howell?

Tua probably. Definitely not Ridder, Wilson. I'd listen to arguments over any of the others with how early it is. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Spending big isn’t worth it. That doesn’t mean don’t spend at all but the best deals in free agency are the value deals. Usually spending big on one guy doesn’t hurt but I’d never do what the Bears did. 

I wouldn’t go after big names on free agency but would try to get as many solid olineman as I can would draft heavy on the oline in the first two rounds. 

I think we have 100 mil in cap space next year

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Tua but I think he's as much a product of having Tyreke & Waddle to throw to but he's also tremendously accurate and throws a beautiful arching deep ball the way Russ does. He would've been a good pick at #2 just like Herbert was if Ron had decided to go QB over Chase in 2020.

I think Howell, Purdy & Pickett are about equal.

Purdy has a good team around him plug Howell into the 49ers they would be equally a good tran

picker I don’t like maybe it’s Matt Canada that sucks 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

49ers also went after Christian Mc 

43 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Gotta be honest…….we (the fan base, not you, or I) are crowning him entirely too early.  We really should hold off on this until we have a full season of results. 

While I agree we need more of a sample size and I'm not saying lock him up with a new contract or anything, I am happy to see a QB shrugging off mistakes, making good reads, and using a big time arm to get passes to our receivers in stride. That's something I haven't seen out of one QB (all rolled into one) on our team in quite some time. Could he still crap the bed the rest of the season? Absolutely. But I'm enjoying the ride right now.

• Like 1