Week 2: San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, FrantikRam said:

So after two weeks have your thoughts on the Rams changed?

The offense is better than I thought it would be for are. I didn't think the line would hold up. 

The defense isn't a dumpster fire, but I'm not sure how good it is either (and it's not fair to judge against the niners as SF will be one of the best offenses for the year I'm pretty sure). It's better than I thought, but I don't know where the variance is

But I thought they were a pick 5-8 team winning 5 games. I think that this is a team that could get a WC spot. 

I'm actively trying to acquire Kupp in fantasy lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was actually surprised your DL did not generate more pressure, especially 99. I think your run defense minus one big CMC run was good but in the passing game, Purdy just missed some open receivers. The Niners offense pretty much got whatever they wanted for the most part.

I was very impressed by your OL though. Very good performance and kept the Niners DL in check until late in the game. 

You guys have a shot at the playoffs for sure, good luck! 

Yea I hadn't watched Purdy play a full game so won't shock you that my opinion of him is not high after today. I did think several of the misses were due to pressure though.

I felt the d played well overall. I do not think that DPI should have been called on Kendrick either (or at least the grab the Niners CB had on Van should have when I think the score was 27-17, either way the Rams would have had a solid chance to win), and aside from the long run our run d was MUCH better. In previous years against y'all the worst thing was giving up those long sustained drives and 5 yards every run.

Donald ALWAYS disappears against y'all. Always. I'm sure it's something that Kyle does but it's the most frustrating element by far

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

Yea I hadn't watched Purdy play a full game so won't shock you that my opinion of him is not high after today. I did think several of the misses were due to pressure though.

I felt the d played well overall. I do not think that DPI should have been called on Kendrick either (or at least the grab the Niners CB had on Van should have when I think the score was 27-17, either way the Rams would have had a solid chance to win), and aside from the long run our run d was MUCH better. In previous years against y'all the worst thing was giving up those long sustained drives and 5 yards every run.

Donald ALWAYS disappears against y'all. Always. I'm sure it's something that Kyle does but it's the most frustrating element by far

There's rarely going to be just clean pockets every time you throw deep. Purdy had good enough pockets and just missed badly. 

Kendrick didn't look back and contacted Deebo before the ball got there. It's always going to be called. 

The defense played better in the 2nd half for sure but overall not a great performance. The Rams offense with this version of Stafford is going to be good though, so no shame there. The OL is night and day compared to last season. Again, very impressed! 

12 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

The other thing (although not complaining about this after Seattle lost two last week) is that the pressure SF got was notably different once our starting RG went out

Also true. That whiff on the stunt + Warner blitz was rough.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if we hold out Aiyuk. He didn't look right all game and there is no need to play him hurt vs the Giants. 

And I really don't mind having Ronnie Bell out there. Maybe some more RayRay. Can't say the same for Danny Gray lol.

4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

And I really don't mind having Ronnie Bell out there. Maybe some more RayRay. Can't say the same for Danny Gray lol.

Gray couldn't play anyways lol. 

Yeah, throw Bell in and just get the win and rest up for the Cardinals. 

TNF game plans are usually vanilla anyways. I just hope Kyle uses another RB not named CMC against the Giants. He's trying to wear CMC down before the midday mark, SMH. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

That was definitely DPI. He made contact with Deebo before the ball arrived at the catch point.

Purdy wasn't very good today and the offense was still getting chunks plays. The O-Line played much better than last week. Purdy just missed some pretty routine throws he's normally dead-on with. The rush might have affected one of those but he left several TDs on field. Ayuik, Jennings & Deebo. Those are all TDs and a very different game. Even the missed slant to Deebo that would have gone for a huge gain & extended a drive. There was some pressure on that play but that's a routine throw for him in the face of a blitz.

I was definitely impressed with Stafford and the play of the O-Line. I can always count on a couple of 'WTF' throws/decisions from him to help us seize the day. He was super poised and clinical all day. Neither of those ints were on him. And your O-Line held up to our four man rush, more often than not. Bosa hasn't looked quite like himself. Missing all of TC & pre-season will do that I guess. I expect he'll be rounding into form in the near future (hopefully).

Edited by 757-NINER