Week 2: San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cowboys are looking a bit better than us through the first two games. 

Meh, it's all subjective at this early stage.

They curb stomped the G-Men, who were getting manhandled by the Cards earlier until they came back and won it. Then they beat a Zach Wilson led Jets team who were never going to cause them much problems w/o A Rod.

Brock struggled mightily as did the defense today and we were still was were up ten with two mins to play.  Credit McVay with a solid gameplan to combat our rush. Looked like we were just flat and sec slow defensely until Wilks dialed up some pressures and we started to affect the pocket & Stafford's rhythm.

Truthfully though, Brock overthrew at least 3 sure TDs. If he connects on at least one of those throws, the complexion of the game is completely different & maybe causes to be more one-sided in our favor.

I won't know how good the Cowgirls are until Week 5.

Edited by 757-NINER

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, it's all subjective at this early stage.

They curb stomped the G-Men, who were getting manhandled by the Cards earlier until they came back and won it. Then they beat a Zach Wilson led Jets team who were never going to cause them much problems w/o A Rod.

Brock struggled mightily as did the defense today and we were still was were up ten with two mins to play.  Credit McVay with a solid gameplan to combat our rush. Looked like we were just flat and sec slow defensely until Wilks dialed up some pressures and we started to affect the pocket & Stafford's rhythm.

Truthfully though, Brock overthrew at least 3 sure TDs. If he connects on at least one of those throws, the complexion of the game is completely different & maybe causes to be more one-sided in our favor.

I won't know how good the Cowgirls are until Week 5.

Of course it is subjective but they are absolutely loaded and playing just a bit better....I never said they are playing on multiple levels above us but that pass rush is on another level and their secondary is insane. 

Need to handle the next two weeks and get ready for the big week 5 showdown.

27 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Rams were up 17-10 with 1:50 in the 2nd quarter and we had no timeouts...since then we outscored them 20-6, 2 INT's & a 4th down stop, in a road divisional game

Great adjustments all around after the Rams gave us their best shot. 

Rams are legit too. Definitely not tanking. Think they could get a WC spot 

Agreed except....y'all going to take credit for that first INT? 

Rams are playing a ton of young players so it is what it is....but I think if Kyren just catches that perfectly thrown pass where he was wide open, this game could have turned out differently. Tough one to swallow, but I didn't think we would win. Good game and can't wait to get Kupp back with Puka and Tutu.

Probably the best things to come out of this game were those two plus the defense really impressed me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams are playing a ton of young players so it is what it is....but I think if Kyren just catches that perfectly thrown pass where he was wide open, this game could have turned out differently. Tough one to swallow, but I didn't think we would win. Good game and can't wait to get Kupp back with Puka and Tutu.

Probably the best things to come out of this game were those two plus the defense really impressed me.

I was actually surprised your DL did not generate more pressure, especially 99. I think your run defense minus one big CMC run was good but in the passing game, Purdy just missed some open receivers. The Niners offense pretty much got whatever they wanted for the most part.

I was very impressed by your OL though. Very good performance and kept the Niners DL in check until late in the game. 

You guys have a shot at the playoffs for sure, good luck! 

14 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It certainly wasn't a clean win for the defense. It is just really hard to execute perfect ~5 yard plays every play for 15 plays every drive to win. People are human. Mistakes happen.  Don't get me wrong, it was the right game plan for the moment. Took the defensive line out of the game. And things were very different after the pick and the two score lead when McVay couldn't afford to be as patient. But that doesn't mean that some little break of fortune wasn't reasonably likely to happen. Really impressed by the Rams rookie class and the execution on offense. It's gonna be real trouble when the cap dead money comes off and they can fight with both hands again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It certainly wasn't a clean win for the defense. It is just really hard to execute perfect ~5 yard plays every play for 15 plays every drive to win. People are human. Mistakes happen.  Don't get me wrong, it was the right game plan for the moment. Took the defensive line out of the game. And things were very different after the pick and the two score lead when McVay couldn't afford to be as patient. But that doesn't mean that some little break of fortune wasn't reasonably likely to happen. Really impressed by the Rams rookie class and the execution on offense. It's gonna be real trouble when the cap dead money comes off and they can fight with both hands again.

The other thing (although not complaining about this after Seattle lost two last week) is that the pressure SF got was notably different once our starting RG went out