A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

MLF had a D- game and it was still somehow close. 

He's kind of handcuffed going into the game without Jones, Watson and Bak. He's got to protect Walker. Then Jenkins goes down and his quarterback's blindside is a ****show. I'll give him as pass if he was a tad too conservative. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Well, when he gets drafted in the 2nd round you sure wish he could provide the service of being stronger than a blade of grass 

That group of 2020 2nd round RBs seems cursed.

Swift - Often injured but maybe has a resurgence with the Eagles? Assuming he doesn't go back to getting 3 touches once Gainwell comes back.

Taylor - Injured season and now Irsay wants to make him suffer.

Akers - Injured and now seems to have lost his job to Kyren Williams.

Dobbins - Injured and might be looking at the end of his career.

Dillon - Seems to have forgotten how to run.

• Like 3

Just now, Old Guy said:

He's kind of handcuffed going into the game without Jones, Watson and Walker. He's got to protect Walker. Then Jenkins goes down and his quarterbacks blindside is a ****show. I'll give him as pass if he was a tad too conservative. 

It was a challenge. One he wasn't up for. 

Getting a delay of game on a 51yd FG is literally inexcusable.

Not kicking it after that was another mistake.

How he handled the short down and distance was gross, too. I thought he was better. He made way too many mistakes while being shorthanded.

3 minutes ago, Ripline said:

Two dropped interceptions, one would be a pick 6 and the second gives us the ball in their 25 yard line. Inexcusable!!

That would have been the game!

There's a few of these this game, right?

The ints, Musgrave disappearing, getting stuck with lighter personnel on the field, ever, against ridder. Dillon not keeping his feet, Love no sneak. 

Lot of inexcusable things lead to losses like this. There's a few things on the list I have faith will revert to the mean. The biggest botch, in my mind is the decision, not execution, of routinely making your front 7 undermanned against a team who wants to run. Barry's asking players to be heroes. And that's not winning ball. Could Savage have made that tackle? Would've been a great play if he had. Can Clark beat double teams or absolutely handle the guys in front of him? That's not easy for a bunch of continuous downs.

Read the room first half the boys were buzzing. Snap count piles up and he starts going lighter on the DL. 70 snaps is a ton. 

• Like 1

Just now, StatKing said:

Don't expect to win many games this year but man the way that game ended sucked. Looked like we might be a sneaky good team going into the 4th quarter and then our inexperience showed up.

If you didn't expect this in tight games, I don't know what to tell you. The fact our defense allowed 237 yards rushing put our offense in a tight spot. They were also playing without arguably 4 or their 5 best players. 

I think the experience we got in this game is as valuable as a win would have been. It's OK to get in your first 2-minute drill to win a game and not succeed. Having those feelings are invaluable lessons that Love, in particular will learn from and be better going forward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I can’t for the life of me, see where he gets so many chances when he’s sucked EVERYWHERE he’s been. 

Jeff Fisher had a 21 year career despite his teams only making the playoffs 6 times.

The NFL lives to reward mediocrity.

• Like 2

I think a really bad moment for Barry was once the Packers led by 12 he immediately played the pass, and the run defense was incredibly vulnerable.  Then ATL ran it right past the 50.  Thought that was a really bad idea…don’t care about the lead and the time, make Ridder beat you.  

Disappointed in that 3 and out with Love nearly throwing a pick.  His only real blemish.  But also targeting two rookies against their best corner two plays in a row was questionable. 

A little concerned about the defense, but overall still happy with the potential of the team.  Sometimes it’s better to get this type of loss out of the way earlier.  Packers coaching is still a little too cute.

Also Dillon is really bad

1 hour ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I don’t think the pressure situation fails were on Love. He looked ready and everyone else looked like they were sh**ting the bed. The crowd noise and the timing was clearly too much and the falcons D knew it. Love barely had a chance to play football on almost any of those downs.

He hit the defender in the chest with a pre-determined throw that was never there and way short of the sticks. He failed too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I agree here. Like I said, feel like he was drafted to be a change of pace backup to Jones. 

I'm probably one of the closest things to a Dillon supporter on here.. and it's just not good enough right now. More snaps should've been siphoned to Wilson as the game wore on.

• Like 2