A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

Certainly the jury is still out on whether Love is good or not, but I hope no one forgets that Rodgers had plenty of frustrating 3 and outs late in games. In Love’s 1st year, we really needed our defense to level up to have his back and unfortunately neither they nor Joe Barry is capable of such a feat. 

- So how do we allow them to rush for 200+ yards knowing they have a young QB they don't trust? Barry is a ******* mental midget. 

- Love was a nervous wreck in the two-minute drill at the end of the game. He was trying to find some saliva in his mouth and there was none there. Invaluable experience and he'll learn from it.

- No turnovers again for Love which is awesome to see. 3 more TD passes.

- AJ Dillon is not the answer at RB. 

- Given the youth of this team I'm not too disappointed in a 1-1 start, especially given the pathetic defensive effort. 

- This team is going to keep getting better throughout the season. It's going to be in interesting yet fun/frustrating year. 

• Like 5

Just now, Old Guy said:

- So how do we allow them to rush for 200+ yards knowing they have a young QB they don't trust? Barry is a ******* mental midget. 

- Love was a nervous wreck in the two-minute drill at the end of the game. He was trying to find some saliva in his mouth and there was none there. Invaluable experience and he'll learn from it.

- No turnovers again for Love which is awesome to see. 3 more TD passes.

- AJ Dillon is not the answer at RB. 

- Given the youth of this team I'm not too disappointed in a 1-1 start, especially given the pathetic defensive effort. 

- This team is going to keep getting better throughout the season. It's going to be in interesting yet fun/frustrating year. 

It would help if the WRS ran the right route and Rasheed Walker was not playing left tackle. The line sucked big at times today.

I find myself most frustrated with AJ Dillon in this one. Two separate times the turf got him and the second one was a drive killer. He's a great dude but I don't want us to resign him in the off season.

Also Musgrave looked great early on and then completely disappeared. I wanted to see him more involved.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, it hurt us bad with no Watson, Jones, Bak and apparently Jenkins for over 1/2 of the game. 

I don’t think the pressure situation fails were on Love. He looked ready and everyone else looked like they were sh**ting the bed. The crowd noise and the timing was clearly too much and the falcons D knew it. Love barely had a chance to play football on almost any of those downs.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, it hurt us bad with no Watson, Jones, Bak and apparently Jenkins for over 1/2 of the game. 

Probably a positive that GB was in a good position to win given those players missed as much game time as they did.  Granted all teams will have injuries and missing players in games, so overcoming that is what needs to happen. 

GB was on the doorstep with a great opportunity and no one made a game/field tilting play. Needed someone to make a playn on either O or D..... neither side did in the 4th

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

Probably a positive that GB was in a good position to win given those players missed as much game time as they did.  Granted all teams will have injuries and missing players in games, so overcoming that is what needs to happen. 

GB was on the doorstep with a great opportunity and no one made a game/field tilting play. Needed someone to make a playn on either O or D..... neither side did in the 4th

Get we get an updates on Jenkins injury? Praying not another ACL. 

40 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I find myself most frustrated with AJ Dillon in this one. Two separate times the turf got him and the second one was a drive killer. 

I was personally more frustrated with Gary, but Dillon is a fine choice.  It really is quite unbelievable how often he tackles himself.

• Like 4

I'm putting just as much of the blame with the lack of RB production on Gute and Lafleur compared to Dillon.

All we've heard for the past couple years is that packers have this great 1-2 punch at RB. They've ignored that position in the draft and FA since. You can find productive RBs late in the draft and cheap in FA. You are allowed to give Wilson/Taylor carries as opposed to your precious 2nd round pick. 

If you're going to continue to hype up Dillon, and he continues to fail, you are exposing yourself as a poor talent evaluator for someone who has been running the same way for 4 years.

• Like 2