A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

6 minutes ago, Striker said:

If you do trust your defense, I think you'd be more inclined to make the attempt since a miss would only be 13 yards worse than a touchback.

Eh? I'm not following.

It would have been a 56 yard attempt, which puts the ball at the 46 for the kick.  ATL would take over at the 46 on a miss.  Correct?

Edited by Mazrimiv

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Eh? I'm not following.

It would have been a 56 yard attempt, which puts the ball at the 46 for the kick.  ATL would take over at the 46 on a miss.  Correct?

You add 17 yards on a FG attempt. The kick was from the 38.5-ish yard line. 

5 minutes ago, Striker said:

You add 17 yards on a FG attempt. The kick was from the 38.5-ish yard line. 

The LOS was the 38.  Adding 7-8 yards for where the ball is placed puts it at the 45-46.  I believe that is where the other team takes over. (if the kick is missed)

Edited by Mazrimiv

Jordan Love
29/52
396 Yards 
6 TDs 0 INTS 
118.7 Passer rating. 

Yet I don't feel likes he's been as impressive as his numbers suggest. I feel MLF has schemed up a pretty damn good offensive game plan. Fell like we've left alot of yards and a couple TDs on the field.

Am I alone in this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Jordan Love
29/52
396 Yards 
6 TDs 0 INTS 
118.7 Passer rating. 

Yet I don't feel likes he's been as impressive as his numbers suggest. I feel MLF has schemed up a pretty damn good offensive game plan. Fell like we've left alot of yards and a couple TDs on the field.

Am I alone in this?

I don’t think he’s left too much out there.  Not as many opportunities for big plays without Watson, and he didn’t have a running game today.  

He wasn't that great in the 1st half of week 1 but I thought he looked better in the 2nd half, though admittedly a lot of it was some well designed plays and Aaron Jones boosting him with a ton of YAC. I thought he legitimately looked good for a large chunk of today's game, though. Much better than Week 1, and doing it very shorthanded missing 3 of their 5 best players on offense. OBviously did nothing in the 4th, but that goes for the entire team as a whole

Main thing is he continues to look very comfortable in the offense, and is making good reads and smart decisions with the ball. Shoddy accuracy continues to be an issue, but that's about all so far. Just wanna see him get better and better as the season goes on while developing chemistry with all the young receivers on the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Jordan Love
29/52
396 Yards 
6 TDs 0 INTS 
118.7 Passer rating. 

Am I alone in this?

Love has been decent.  He hasn't been great.  I feel like that is a fair assessment.  I've seen more or less what I was hoping to see from Love at this stage of the season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Jordan Love
29/52
396 Yards 
6 TDs 0 INTS 
118.7 Passer rating. 

Am I alone in this?

Yes you are alone in this

Just now, LacyIsGood said:

I don’t think he’s left too much out there.  Not as many opportunities for big plays without Watson, and he didn’t have a running game today.  

I'm happy with Love. I think our running output will have to double with the lack of yards coming from the air.
But yeah Watson will open up alot for us. Packers should also take notes on using Aaron Jones how the Falcons used Bijan

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The LOS was the 38.  Adding 7-8 yards for where the ball is placed puts it at the 45-46.  I believe that is where the other team takes over. (if the kick is missed)

You're right, my mistake there. Even then, I still think you should take the shot. Show some trust in the young kicker and show trust in the defense if he misses.

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

You're right, my mistake there. Even then, I still think you should take the shot. Show some trust in the young kicker and show trust in the defense if he misses.

Carlson hit a 52 yard FG outdoors in week one with plenty of distance to spare.  MLF punting from the 38 indoors showed a semi-alarming lack of stones.  A Vikings fan might call it a lack of grit.