A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

1 minute ago, MuFF said:

I'm putting just as much of the blame with the lack of RB production on Gute and Lafleur compared to Dillon.

All we've heard for the past couple years is that packers have this great 1-2 punch at RB. They've ignored that position in the draft and FA since. You can find productive RBs late in the draft and cheap in FA. You are allowed to give Wilson/Taylor carries as opposed to your precious 2nd round pick. 

If you're going to continue to hype up Dillon, and he continues to fail, you are exposing yourself as a poor talent evaluator for someone who has been running the same way for 4 years.

Career average over 4+ yards a carry with 2 years of being the backup with a good workload is hard to say he's an abject failure. But there were times last year where the inconsistencies were popping up and they've somehow appeared to have gotten worse.

There's still useful carries in there. Glimpses of why the staff liked him but just can't gave the drive killers of just falling over anymore.

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Career average over 4+ yards a carry with 2 years of being the backup with a good workload is hard to say he's an abject failure. But there were times last year where the inconsistencies were popping up and they've somehow appeared to have gotten worse.

There's still useful carries in there. Glimpses of why the staff liked him but just can't gave the drive killers of just falling over anymore.

You mean the backup RB has some inconsistencies? Shocker, guess that’s why he’s a backup hey?

I’m not a huge Dillion fan but he plays like a backup for sure. I oddly feel like he was drafted to be a backup change of pace guy. Just keep drafting guys you feel can start over the guy you have, no matter how good that guy is. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Certainly the jury is still out on whether Love is good or not, but I hope no one forgets that Rodgers had plenty of frustrating 3 and outs late in games. In Love’s 1st year, we really needed our defense to level up to have his back and unfortunately neither they nor Joe Barry is capable of such a feat. 

The sub 60% completion percentage might be a problem. Gotta figure out a way to create more layups for him.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

This made me feel good.

I thought this was a tough game anyway.

Then I thought it was real tough without Watson.

Then I felt it tipped below our odds when Jones was a no-go.

Then even more so when Bakh was a surprise scratch (gross)

This game had a lot of learning opportunities. Perhaps the biggest is that any faith in Joe Barry was misplaced

• Like 2