A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Room for growth......

We need to be able to stretch the field vertically more.  Watson is essential for that.  It will open Musgrave more in the middle of the field.  I know the coaching staff is coaching Love to put more air under his deep ball, but he is under throwing most of those passes.  I would just tell him to "let it rip" on those deep throws with less air under them.

To me, the whole key to the 1 minute drill with no TO's and down by less than 3 points is go get a completion right away to get into the rhythm right off the bat.  You only need to go 40 yards and you are in FG position.  So get a completion right away and let the receiver run some.  The Falcons played way off the WR's in the 1 minute drill.  Throw it short and let them run for 10 yards and just get a first down.  There is plenty of time.

42 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

We need to be able to stretch the field vertically more.  Watson is essential for that.  It will open Musgrave more in the middle of the field.  I know the coaching staff is coaching Love to put more air under his deep ball, but he is under throwing most of those passes.  I would just tell him to "let it rip" on those deep throws with less air under them.

To me, the whole key to the 1 minute drill with no TO's and down by less than 3 points is go get a completion right away to get into the rhythm right off the bat.  You only need to go 40 yards and you are in FG position.  So get a completion right away and let the receiver run some.  The Falcons played way off the WR's in the 1 minute drill.  Throw it short and let them run for 10 yards and just get a first down.  There is plenty of time.

I agree with both comments.  Musgrave and Reed will be open for plenty of easy completions with Watson out there.

And I was also surprised they didn’t start with something simpler in the 1 minute.  There was plenty of time.  

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Jordan Love: highest passer rating in NFL

Packer fans: not impressive enough

Lolz

You guys are straight up goofs

Aaron Rodgers: MVP winner in '20 and '21. Also did his share of sh*tting the bed in the playoffs both years.

Love's doing pretty good starting out, but he's still got some ways to go, stat equations be d*mned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Jordan Love: highest passer rating in NFL

Packer fans: not impressive enough

Lolz

You guys are straight up goofs

You knew going into this that the "I know there will be growing pains" talk would quickly shift to "He had an opportunity to drive for a game winning FG and sh*t the bed"

I'm honestly more concerned about the screw-up with the 4th down keyword than the failed last drive.  That's a significant mental blunder.

54 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

They really miss Jones in those situations as well. He's a reliable checkdown option and is probably the best back for screens.

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You knew going into this that the "I know there will be growing pains" talk would quickly shift to "He had an opportunity to drive for a game winning FG and sh*t the bed"

I'm honestly more concerned about the screw-up with the 4th down keyword than the failed last drive.  That's a significant mental blunder.

Young QBs staring down their primary read/advertising that throw isn't too concerning at this point. Hell, I think that type of route was also how Rodgers threw pick sixes vs. the Bucs and Patriots.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

No. Don't factor it in. Because if he's paid based off this being factored in, he's not going to have that WR combo, that #1 RB, that top LT.

Don't make excuses for him. Don't turn Love into the next infallible QB.

Love is what he is. No ifs ands or butts. He either wins, or he loses. He's either good or he's bad. I don't want to hear this crap for another 10 years.LO

Tom Brady didn't bemoan losing anybody. He went out and cheated his way to 7 Super Bowl wins.

Love does not look amazing yet. Very serious long term concerns. His YAP and completion percentage are both well below what they should be.

Until he signs his next contract, he sucks.

LOL .. go kick your cat.  Not sure how you will make it through this season .. check your blood pressure often.  Your expectations are over the top .. those weren't excuses, they were facts.  Losing your best 2 offensive players and your top 2 linemen is a tough road to haul for any qb.  Want to be pissed at somebody .. Joe Barry is your guy with a dash of MLF included.  

• Like 3