The Week 4 Thread: Top 10 Had Trouble, Actual Ranked Matchups This Week

MikeT14

If the insinuation is that if Notre Dame’s offensive line allows them to establish the run and also give Sam Hartman time in the pocket, Notre Dame is likely to win, I can get on board with that. The game is being played at home for Notre Dame, Sam Hartman has six years of experience, and they are strong upfront on offense. If Ohio State matches in Notre Dame upfront, I think the buckeyes are a much more talented team and would win, but Ohio state has shown the past couple years against Michigan that the talent doesn’t matter if you lose the battle in the trenches.

On 9/19/2023 at 3:41 PM, MikeT14 said:

I mean, I wouldn't doubt it. I don't see his success translating quite the same though. I am already doing a 180 on him with college - I think he can be very successful. I'm not pushing it to the next level though. 

On 9/19/2023 at 4:33 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep, me too. Swing and a miss.

Feel free to edit out/delete this, but you can't talk about Deion's success as a coach without talking about how he connects with AA kids. In an era of 70 year old Saban, creepy preacher Dabo, and a Kirby Smart who looks more like Ted Cruz every year, Deion is the total opposite. He started at Jackson State, he's talking about how many players from HBCU the NFL is taking, and his general message of not taking any BS is going to resonate. That's why he's playing that press conference character.

And even if you think he's doing it for himself or whatever, it's working- the number 1 QB in 2025 is visiting Colorado, and they won 1 game last year. A video game wouldn't let you do that.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:08 AM, THE DUKE said:

Deion is absolutely built to coach the college game.  He can connect with kids in a great way that probably gets looked at as patronizing at the NFL level if he tried it there (outside of maybe rookies).

Deion is built for the college game as  a HC.   College HC are the bigger draw than NFL HC.   Players are only in college for a few years and with the amount of anonymity players enter college with, it is really only a 1-2 year stint vs NFL players are around for 4-5+ years.  The "face of the franchise" is almost never the HC.  

whether Deion moves on from Colorado is TBD, but Boulder and CU has a lot to offer for college kids.  College town that is not overshadowed by a big city pro team.  proximity to Denver which is a major city and a hub for easy travel in/out for players and family.  The climate is awesome.  even winter it may snow and get cold, but that never really last more than a couple days and it gets a like 300+ days of sunshine with lower humidity.