The Week 4 Thread: Top 10 Had Trouble, Actual Ranked Matchups This Week

MikeT14

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I will finally say, as I kept trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, the Hokies coaching staff is in over their head. This just ain’t it. You can tell these kids are not responding to the top. It’s not just lack of talent. It’s bad. 

This is a comedy of errors 

On 9/19/2023 at 5:33 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep, me too. Swing and a miss.

Feel free to edit out/delete this, but you can't talk about Deion's success as a coach without talking about how he connects with AA kids. In an era of 70 year old Saban, creepy preacher Dabo, and a Kirby Smart who looks more like Ted Cruz every year, Deion is the total opposite. He started at Jackson State, he's talking about how many players from HBCU the NFL is taking, and his general message of not taking any BS is going to resonate. That's why he's playing that press conference character.

And even if you think he's doing it for himself or whatever, it's working- the number 1 QB in 2025 is visiting Colorado, and they won 1 game last year. A video game wouldn't let you do that.

Kirby Smart looks like Leatherface?!?

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

Cincinnati is an albatross 

I have no idea why they hired Scott Satterfield. He was definitely getting fired by Louisville. They should've been proactive and hired Sean Lewis from Kent State or someone up and coming. Now Lewis is probably going to revitalize his career under Prime and land a bigger job.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

They weren’t anticipating Freeman going to ND. I think he was their heir apparent and no idea what they were thinking and said so at the time.

For sure but Freeman left BEFORE Fickell ffs. They should've had a better plan in place for their Big 12 transition than friggin' Scott Satterfield. Now they're likely to have all that progress that Fickell did come undone and become a doormat in the conference.