The Killing (Justin) Fields

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I mentioned in the Vikings' forum that I had his value as roughly a SRP plus a conditional '25 pick (as high as a 1st, but as low as a 4th with it most likely landing as a late 2nd or early 3rd) or like a 3rd round pick this year plus a conditional pick in 2025 (as high as a 1st, but as low as a 3rd with most likely landing as a SRP).

Given the current draft order, I'm not sure you're getting Marvin Harrison Jr. if you're picking any later than 3rd.  Right now, the teams trading up to #1 is taking either Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  And I think New England is almost certainly taking whoever that team trading up doesn't take.  Arizona at 3 could grab another OT to pair with their FRP last year, Paris Johnson, but I think it's more likely they grab their WR1 in Marvin Harrison Jr.

Yeah I think it all would be contingent on them trading back and still guaranteeing themselves MHJ. For instance it could be as simple as trading back from #1 to #2 with New England while still netting them a future 1st in the process.

They just need to stay ahead of Arizona but the real conundrum happens if the Bears are #1 and the Cardinals are #2 and box the Bears into the pick

Edited by AkronsWitness

46 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah I think it all would be contingent on them trading back and still guaranteeing themselves MHJ. For instance it could be as simple as trading back from #1 to #2 with New England while still netting them a future 1st in the process.

They just need to stay ahead of Arizona but the real conundrum happens if the Bears are #1 and the Cardinals are #2 and box the Bears into the pick

I think you're going to be hard pressed to get New England to cough up an extra FRP just to move up 1 spot.  Unless they have Caleb Williams or Drake Maye drastically higher than the other one, it's probably going to be a situation where they're more content with taking whoever doesn't go #1.  Honestly, I think Arizona would be the preferred trading partner.  If they're trading up, it's with the intention of taking a QB.  You don't trade up for a non-QB.  Arizona takes Caleb Williams or Drake Maye, and New England takes the other.  That would leave Chicago with Marvin Harrison Jr.  That does create some leverage for Arizona if they believe that Chicago wants MHJ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

A nice new extension in Chicago would be wonderful. 

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

I was just playing when I said all those mean things about him. He deserves a 50 million per year deal.

Ok, but y'all have to extend Jordan Love past next year.

• Like 2

Hypothetical would you rather

Let's say fields trades for pick 40.

1. Keep fields, trade down to 3

Draft MHJ-wr + bowers-te (or nabers-wr) with your two first round picks

Hypothetical best skill position in the league with Moore, kmet, MHJ, and then bowers (or nabers) 

2. Draft Caleb williams 1.1

Still take bowers (or nabers), then use the pick from fields trade to draft Legette-wr

Riskier skill position setup since legette is a clear down grade from mhj, but given the rest of the talent he only needs to be wr4 on that setup and still has elite potential

Which would you guys choose? 

Edited by Epyon