The Killing (Justin) Fields

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

He’s BACK - and really wasn’t bad.

Detroit was a sneaky good match-up for him. They struggle against running QBs and TEs (even though Kmet didn't have the game I expected). Fields is a good 1 read QB and Detroit lacks top end secondary play, so the DJ Moore connection was valid without having to diagnose the defense.

We had a lot of fun saying that Fields is terrible, and he might not be a very good QB. But he's definitely better than what 5 or so teams are trotting out there as a "qb".

Edited by nagahide13

29 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Detroit was a sneaky good match-up for him. They struggle against running QBs and TEs (even though Kmet didn't have the game I expected). Fields is a good 1 read QB and Detroit lacks top end secondary play, so the DJ Moore connection was valid without having to diagnose the defense.

We had a lot of fun saying that Fields is terrible, and he might not be a very good QB. But he's definitely better than what 5 or so teams are trotting out there as a "qb".

Dude isn't terrible, he's just the sneaky worst kind of QB.

Not very good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, General Tso said:

He hasn't taken the Hurtsian leap this year, but he has improved every year.

Enough for Chicago to get something in return for him in a trade while drafting Caleb.

They missed that boat (well, the biggest return at least) when they didn't trade him after his two games of badassery. 

My guess is a 4th to someone during the draft after someone misses out on their board's QBs

On 11/19/2023 at 4:32 PM, nagahide13 said:

I mean, if that's the barometer of what you want in your franchise QB go right ahead.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I just want to see him in Pittsburgh. 

Or Atlanta.

Also @Forge I know we aren't supposed to randomly ping the Webmaster to threads but I literally can't post in most of the threads in the forum today including the Feedback forum where we report issues. I'm having this issue from both my laptop and cell phone and none of clear web history/cookies, logging in/out, restarting cpu worked to remedy the situation. 

So far I've only been able to post in this thread and a thread in the Washington forum, but when I went back to that thread I also can't post in that one now. What happens when I click the box to reply to someone nothing happens or it moves me to the top of the page. It is impossible to actually type any text. 

Could you move this part of my post to the feedback forum? 

edit - another weird symptom is that the font on the forum appears to be different or smaller than usual and I didn't change any settings.

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Or Atlanta.

Also @Forge I know we aren't supposed to randomly ping the Webmaster to threads but I literally can't post in most of the threads in the forum today including the Feedback forum where we report issues. I'm having this issue from both my laptop and cell phone and none of clear web history/cookies, logging in/out, restarting cpu worked to remedy the situation. 

So far I've only been able to post in this thread and a thread in the Washington forum, but when I went back to that thread I also can't post in that one now. What happens when I click the box to reply to someone nothing happens or it moves me to the top of the page. It is impossible to actually type any text. 

edit - another weird symptom is that the font on the forum appears to be different or smaller than usual and I didn't change any settings.

Same issue all day, have been unable to post/quote (but can create a new thread for whatever reason).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Or Atlanta.

This appears to be hitting a few different posters. I haven't experienced it myself, but I believe that @ET80 may have had some issues. Webby recently addressed it in the feedback forum for mobile issues, but I haven't heard of anything for desktop issues. 

3 hours ago, Webmaster said:

It seems a handful of members are having issues with the forum today.  I'm sorry for the problems.  I've been looking into them and so far have been unable to reproduce the issue.  

Unfortunately, mobile issues are very difficult to track down if they are only occurring to some members.  The problem is there are so many variations that each member could be using and it's likely just an issue with a specific device type, or browser type, or wifi, or some combination.  

Here are few tips that have worked in the past.

1. Clear browser cache, cookies, and reboot your device.
  2. Try switching to desktop view temporarily.
  3. Disable browser ad-ons.
  4. Log out and log back in
  5. Use a different browser
  6. Switch from WiFi to mobile data

I post on both frequently and I use the opera web browser.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Are the Bears the worst run team in the NFL?

I’ll never understand why they pivoted so hard to try and be an offensive team. Historically as a franchise they’re known for defense.

It just seems like they have no idea what they’re doing.

They’re run terribly. They hired a defensive coach to help develop a QB. 

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll never understand why they pivoted so hard to try and be an offensive team. Historically as a franchise they’re known for defense.

I mean, I can't really fault them for that, in 2023 the NFL pretty much requires a strong offense to be a winner.  Or at least competent.  Execution has been the problem since they fired Lovie, more so than pivoting to try and focus on offense.  Good franchises can do both well.  

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The league is offensive focused in general. Not sure why the Bears history matters for how to construct a team in todays nfl. However, I don’t think they have the right GM, HC and QB regardless of direction.