Browns RB Nick Chubb believed to have suffered season-ending knee injury

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah I mean if Watson can't make throws to open guys 5-15 yards downfield we are probably cooked. I have no idea what we are going to do different to make him comfortable that is going to become easier without Chubb's preferences since Chubb seemed pretty effective in any situation. I know our staff can usually get an effective ground game going if the QB is keeping the defense a little bit honest.

I'm way more in on Stefanski than I am Watson right now, which is unfortunately not how we have used our assets.

Iirc Chubb wasn’t super comfortable in the spread/pistol stuff and preferred the single back sets/heavy formations.

Watson the opposite.

I still think a lot of the chicken little stuff is premature. I won’t start freaking out for another couple weeks.  If we head into the bye and nothing has improved, it’s time to hit the panic button.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Iirc Chubb wasn’t super comfortable in the spread/pistol stuff and preferred the single back sets/heavy formations.

Watson the opposite.

I still think a lot of the chicken little stuff is premature. I won’t start freaking out for another couple weeks.  If we head into the bye and nothing has improved, it’s time to hit the panic button.

Yeah, we need to run an offense that Watson is totally comfortable with. And if he's still struggling after that, we're doomed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You guys aren't making me feel good about throwing major FAAB $ at Ford!!!

I threw my entire $100 at him and hope I get  him (late in waivers). He's a potential top 10 back with how Stefanski schemes RBs. 

Listen to the options others are floating - Fournett, Akers,  Hunt? Fournette and Akers are atrocious and dont know the plays. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I just know we can't afford to abandon the run and give the keys to Watson. Whether that's bringing John Kelly up so he slam into defenders for 3 yards at a time or bring Hunt in to do that. I think Ford had some really electric runs, but we probably should be rotating him in with somebody else.

I'm looking at our practice squad on the club's website, and I don't see John Kelly listed as a member of the practice squad.  Hassan Hall is the only RB that we have on our practice squad.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah he might be done. At nearly 28 with an injury that will take probably a year and a half to recover plus his contract we might not see him again. 

I highly doubt he's done. Chubb will be ok. Yeah that injury is BRUTAL, but Chubb is a freak amongst freaks. I think we're gonna see some Adrian Peterson-type stuff out of him.

On 9/19/2023 at 11:16 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah he might be done. At nearly 28 with an injury that will take probably a year and a half to recover plus his contract we might not see him again. 

I have searched the web for any info and never seem to get any.  IIRC MRI results / details are usually within a few days of the injury, but for some reason this major injury details aren't known or able to be found.   Best RB in the league and there is a lack of info being public.    

Hopefully he will be alright ,  and get comeback player of the year next year.  

22 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I have searched the web for any info and never seem to get any.  IIRC MRI results / details are usually within a few days of the injury, but for some reason this major injury details aren't known or able to be found.   Best RB in the league and there is a lack of info being public.    

It’s a complete tear of all ligaments iirc.  The only thing now is to wait for swelling to reduce and then determine if it’s repairable with one surgery or if two will be needed.  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a complete tear of all ligaments iirc.  The only thing now is to wait for swelling to reduce and then determine if it’s repairable with one surgery or if two will be needed.  

did you read this on a site ?  The part that bothers me  is that this is the same knee he had repaired before.    League best RB has major injury but not much said. If this was 20 years ago it would be getting much more press. RB's really get shunned  in the current era 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I hope you're right and that it's with the Browns. But I have a feeling we've seen the last of Chubb in a Browns uniform, as much as I hate to think that.

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

did you read this on a site ?  The part that bothers me  is that this is the same knee he had repaired before.    League best RB has major injury but not much said. If this was 20 years ago it would be getting much more press. RB's really get shunned  in the current era 

I don’t remember where I saw it.  Someone tweeted it.  

I think part of the lack of coverage is there’s not a lot to discuss.  He’s out, it’ll be the whole season and where it goes from there is tbh.

He’s also not someone that draws a ton of attention with his personality which may impact how his injury is covered to some degree.