The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Exciting to see my guy Derius Davis take one back for the Chargers on MNF. They took him really early, so I’m not too mad that we didn’t get him — but I’d love to keep looking for a legit return man. 

Oh man, go watch some Xavier Worthy. We’d have to take him in the second round but he’s incredible. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I could do without Eagles talk during a Bears and Panthers game... Jason Kelce being in the booth is stupid.

I didn’t watch the game, looked like I missed a lot! 😂 

I went to the Adam Sandler “I Miss You” Tour instead 

Saw some Jeremiah Trotter discussion on the last page. I watched a few of his games from this season — I think he’s a MIKE, but I really don’t see where the hype is coming.

Seems like a smart player, they say he eats/sleeps/breathes football…all those are good things. But he looks slooooow out there, and he also doesn’t finish as well as you’d think a top MLB prospect would. 

My LB scouting is actually informed by my WAS fandom, because one of the looks I like to get most is when an offense is trying to get one of its middle field players (QB/RB/TE) out to the perimeter against the LB. The elite guys can take away that angle and shut it down. Trotter just doesn’t get there, most of the time. Very familiar image as a WAS fan of the LB diving to cut off the back, missing, and the back turning it up the sideline. 

I’d probably still take him, but more like late day 2 (Chase Young pick?) or early day 3. In fairness to him, I’ve only watched games from this season, and there’s some suggestion that he had a hamstring issue coming into September, so maybe he’s better than I’ve seen if he hasn’t been full speed.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, e16bball said:

Saw some Jeremiah Trotter discussion on the last page. I watched a few of his games from this season — I think he’s a MIKE, but I really don’t see where the hype is coming.

Seems like a smart player, they say he eats/sleeps/breathes football…all those are good things. But he looks slooooow out there, and he also doesn’t finish as well as you’d think a top MLB prospect would. 

My LB scouting is actually informed by my WAS fandom, because one of the looks I like to get most is when an offense is trying to get one of its middle field players (QB/RB/TE) out to the perimeter against the LB. The elite guys can take away that angle and shut it down. Trotter just doesn’t get there, most of the time. Very familiar image as a WAS fan of the LB diving to cut off the back, missing, and the back turning it up the sideline. 

I’d probably still take him, but more like late day 2 (Chase Young pick?) or early day 3. In fairness to him, I’ve only watched games from this season, and there’s some suggestion that he had a hamstring issue coming into September, so maybe he’s better than I’ve seen if he hasn’t been full speed.

I feel he’ll go in the 2nd, but if he drops the 3rd & we haven't taken another MIKE, I think we have to take him.

Don’t know if B. Bowers will likely be available when we pick in the 1st rd but Mims as long as he recovers well from his surgery, that will be fine with me.

2- 2nd round picks (T.Fautanu plays LT but probably would move inside and Z. Zinter OG)

For me I would love that. I would be a very happy camper. 

Rest of the draft LB/CB/TE/WR-KR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Don’t know if B. Bowers will likely be available when we pick in the 1st rd but Mims as long as he recovers well from his surgery, that will be fine with me.

2- 2nd round picks (T.Fautanu plays LT but probably would move inside and Z. Zinter OG)

For me I would love that. I would be a very happy camper. 

Rest of the draft LB/CB/TE/WR-KR

I agree, unless we lose out I don't see us getting Bowers or the top 2 OTs. Maybe Latham is available for us if we're picking in the 7 to 10 range? If not, I think it's Mims too. The question is do you take him with our natural pick with its top very likely be 10 to 15 or, do you trade back 5 to 10 spots and take him in the late teens or early 20s?

But that's taking a risk that you miss on him in the way we missed on Broderick Jones last year bc we stayed put and didn't trade up like the Steelers did last year to ensure we get him. 

I say if they like Mims that you take him with the natural pick and don't mess around with a trade down and possibly missing on him.

• Like 1

I can't imagine doing what Grant did and trading down 30 spots to take a C in R2 with the first pick...

Also, I said if we aren't taking a DE early then I'm not taking another mid to late DE when we will probably Re-sign JSW, Obada or Toohill or 2 of the 3 or we will sign a FA upgrade at DE plus we have Henry, Andre Jones, WBK, and Shaka Toney—if we keep him after his suspension is up this season— developing as late round guys.

Edited by turtle28

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2024/user-mock-1799245

12 Brock Bowers TE | Georgia

42 Barrett Carter LB | Clemson (TRADE)

43 Troy Fautanu OT | Washington

78 Sedrick Van Pran OC | Georgia

82 Princely Umanmielen DL | Florida (TRADE)

100 Blake Corum RB | Michigan

108 Donovan Jackson OG | Ohio State (TRADE)

113 Adisa Isaac EDGE | Penn State

148 Jamon Dumas-Johnson LB | Georgia

188 Mike Sainristil CB | Michigan

233 Joshua Gray OT | Oregon State

Washington Receives: 2024: Round 2, Pick 38 2025: Round 3, Round 4, Round 5

Los Angeles Receives: 2024: Round 2, Pick 37

Washington Receives: 2024: Round 2, Pick 42; Round 3, Pick 82; Round 4, Pick 108 2025: Round 2

Green Bay Receives: 2024: Round 2, Pick 38

• Like 2