The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Damn that Jamin Davis for making the game sealing interception! 😂 

I always knew that guy sucked 😂

Just killing us. No chance Nick Bolton makes that INT singled up on Bijan on the perimeter, so once again we’re being reminded how bad a selection that was…

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Damn that Jamin Davis for making the game sealing interception! 😂 

I mean, we can laugh* now, but these are the type of wins that have kept us mediocre for years. 

*I'm definitely not laughing. Jon Allen thinks he is fed up, it's been 30+ years for me. I'm extremely tired of half *** **** being passed off as anything more than a rich persons play thing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I mean, we can laugh* now, but these are the type of wins that have kept us mediocre for years. 

*I'm definitely not laughing. Jon Allen thinks he is fed up, it's been 30+ years for me. I'm extremely tired of half *** **** being passed off as anything more than a rich persons play thing. 

Same. Like I said before I'm probably one of the few on this forum that vividly remembers us being a dynasty (or near to it) where NOT making at least the 2nd round of the playoffs was considered a bad year. 

And then I got to slowly watch the team get corrupted year after year with Snyder's BS. And some question why I'm the way I am as a fan after watching us fall from Mt. Olympus.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Same. Like I said before I'm probably one of the few on this forum that vividly remembers us being a dynasty (or near to it) where NOT making at least the 2nd round of the playoffs was considered a bad year. 

And then I got to slowly watch the team get corrupted year after year with Snyder's BS. And some question why I'm the way I am as a fan after watching us fall from Mt. Olympus.

I’m older than you Thai and I’m right there with you. 

• Like 2

Guys for positions of need. No particular order.

Linebackers

Junior Colson Michigan 

Smael Mondon Georgia 

Jamon Dumas-Johnson Georgia 

Offensive Linemen 

Zak Zinter Michigan 

Donovan Jackson Ohio State

Troy Fautanu Washington 

Tight Ends 

Cade Stover Ohio State

McCallan Castles Tennessee 

Gavin Bartholomew Pittsburgh 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

Can’t lie…

I don’t necessarily think it’s the smart thing to do, but a fire sale that brought in a bunch of Day 2 picks and freed up a ton of cap room would sure make the offseason a lot more fun. Especially if it accompanied a de facto tank that landed us in the top 5 picks or so.

Scouting Williams/Maye, scouting Fashanu/Alt, what do we do if Marvin Harrison is there…that would be fun as hell. Can we trade into the top 2? Do we need to trade back up into the 1st round to grab somebody? Trade some for future picks? Who to sign in FA? Can we just go re-sign some of the guys we traded away?

I think the saddest sign of the total destruction of this franchise is that we’ve 100% reached the point where I find the offseason much more exciting and interesting than the actual games. It feels like running a Madden franchise — make all the moves and then just sim through the games.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Can’t lie…

I don’t necessarily think it’s the smart thing to do, but a fire sale that brought in a bunch of Day 2 picks and freed up a ton of cap room would sure make the offseason a lot more fun. Especially if it accompanied a de facto tank that landed us in the top 5 picks or so.

Scouting Williams/Maye, scouting Fashanu/Alt, what do we do if Marvin Harrison is there…that would be fun as hell. Can we trade into the top 2? Do we need to trade back up into the 1st round to grab somebody? Trade some for future picks? Who to sign in FA? Can we just go re-sign some of the guys we traded away?

I think the saddest sign of the total destruction of this franchise is that we’ve 100% reached the point where I find the offseason much more exciting and interesting than the actual games. It feels like running a Madden franchise — make all the moves and then just sim through the games.

If Marvin Harrison is there you just take him. Don't look the gift horse in the mouth. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If Marvin Harrison is there you just take him. Don't look the gift horse in the mouth. 

Assuming we’re not top two? I’m okay with that, although you need to get some value for either McLaurin or Dotson then. I still might have a hard time taking a WR over a LT, but he’s a special player.

He could be Jerry Rice reincarnated, though, and I’m still not taking him over one of those two QBs if they’re also still there. 

52 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Assuming we’re not top two? I’m okay with that, although you need to get some value for either McLaurin or Dotson then. I still might have a hard time taking a WR over a LT, but he’s a special player.

He could be Jerry Rice reincarnated, though, and I’m still not taking him over one of those two QBs if they’re also still there. 

Well you’re much higher on Drake Maye than me. I would absolutely take Williams if available but I’m just not as high on Maye. I probably just need to watch more of him but unless I’m getting Williams I’d roll with Howell again and see what potentially Ben Johnson can do with him. I’m still not ready to give up. But I would take Harrison Jr over Drake Maye. Probably crazy but I would. It’s more so how highly I think of Harrison Jr. He’s an incredible talent. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well you’re much higher on Drake Maye than me. I would absolutely take Williams if available but I’m just not as high on Maye. I probably just need to watch more of him but unless I’m getting Williams I’d roll with Howell again and see what potentially Ben Johnson can do with him. I’m still not ready to give up. But I would take Harrison Jr over Drake Maye. Probably crazy but I would. It’s more so how highly I think of Harrison Jr. He’s an incredible talent. 

I seriously doubt we have a top 5 pick. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s fair. Check out Maye a little more and see what you think. I get a little Herbert vibe from him — just a big, long, limber dude with a lot of arm and impressive movement for his size. He has the “easy arm” you’re looking for, same as Williams, where you get the sense that he doesn’t have to gear up or be on platform to throw a rope. But he’s got some touch, too. 

While I’m on the subject, there are two weird little things that I like about him that are just sort of personal preferences. First, I always love guys from high-end sports families — his brother went from scrub to star for a pretty good Tar Heels squad, and he hit some huge shots for them. You rarely have one brother be a total gamer like that and then another brother be a knucklehead. And second, he had every opportunity to bail on UNC this offseason and go somewhere else for a bunch of money to play with a better group of guys around him. But he didn’t. I like that too.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I seriously doubt we have a top 5 pick. 

For whatever it’s worth, ESPN FPI has the chances of that at 36.7%. 

I think we’re probably favored in one game the rest of the season. And that’s the Giants at home, which we rarely seem to win.

• Like 2