The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Everything that has been said about him has come true, why is there any hesitation? We, the fans, need to demand a change. Josh Harris is a businessman first and if his pocket is affected, which a loss to the 0-4 Bears at home, by 20, is certain to do, he will need to make changes. 

100% agree. I said all along fans will come back to the games to start the season but if they don’t continue winning attendance will dwindle down as the season goes on. This Bears loss really will dampen people’s feelings on the team except for the blind homers. 

I don’t know that they get another sell out this season that’s mostly C’s fans unless they beat Atlanta & crush the Giants in a few weeks.

I still don’t think our top draft needs have changed though. We still need to draft an OT in R1 or 2, we need to draft a true MIKE LB high w/in the first 3 rounds and we need to draft another guard in R2 or 3 to compete with Charles & Chris Paul for the LG spot.

Then after that it’s BPA.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think you need to strip down the entire front office and change how things are done.  It’s gotta look like how the Orioles tore down under Mike Elias, and it took him over a year in which to do everything.  We have a lot of similarities to things in how the Orioles did things, where you have people hanging around with their biggest claim to fame being “former Redskin.”  

That’s going to be hiring a new GM, and having a full evaluation of things, and it will take a year to evaluate and make changes and bringing in “their guys.”  A new coaching staff will be the start.  

We aren’t a team with a developed ethos and process, so to expect a one year turnaround like you saw for the Eagles……it isn’t going to happen. 

Oh I concur and the new GM should have the right to hire his own HC now that MAY not be EB. This is possible just looking at it at different angle. If the new GM keeps EB so be it. I do think EB needs more evaluation. We need a coach that will develop SH and maybe the new coach may decide SH is not his QB type. One thing for sure SH/ or the new QB has to be protected and developed. We cannot fire Riverva now and replace him with EB or Jack del rio b/c as I said the new GM MAY decide to go in a different direction so looks like we have roll with Rivera for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Mostly I agree. I’m not defending Rivera, even a blind squirrel finds a nut but we didn’t over draft Curl, Cosmi or Smith Williams and I know they haven’t been as good this year but going by last year we didn’t overdraft Forrest & Juice. 

I was so wrong about Rivera & @naptownskinsfan was so right. It was a meh hire at best. 

This team is going to end up 7-10 again, I just know it and I 🙏 that Harris fires Rivera like Temper did at least a month before the season so he can evaluate Bieniemy as the HC.

Wasn’t Kyle Smith here for the Curl draft? 

On 9/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

My picks based on us picking in the late teens/early 20’s

Round 1.  JT Tuimoloau DE/Ohio State  
Round 2.  Graham Barton OT/Duke
Round 3.   Smael Mondon Jr.-Georgia/ LB 
Round 4.  Layden Robinson OG/Texas A&M

Round 5. Damon Payne Jr DT/Alabama

Round 6.  Ben Sinnott TE/Kansas            

Round  7.  Dominic Lovett WR/Georgia

Modified 

Round 1. Graham Barton OT/Duke

Round 2. Zak Zinter OG/Mich 

Round 3. Smael Mondon LB/Georgia

Round 4. Ainias Smith WR/PR-Texas A&M

Round 5. Caelen Carson CB/Wake Forest 

Round 6. Erick All TE/Iowa

Round 7. Karene Reid LB/Utah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Time to watch some Brock Bowers fellas. 

If for some reason we pick in the first third of the draft we would have a shot. Hope he stays healthy and he’ll be a top 10 player. Tough choice because we really need a tackle 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Joe Alt was not good last night. Not sure that it will effect his stock at all but it was not a good look. 

This seems to happen a lot with Notre Dame OL, they're often overhyped. It's not that even when they get in the league they're bad or something but there hasn't been a better than average one that I can think of since Zach Martin was drafted by the Cowboys a decade ago.

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This seems to happen a lot with Notre Dame OL, they're often overhyped. It's not that even when they get in the league they're bad or something but there hasn't been a better than average one that I can think of since Zach Martin was drafted by the Cowboys a decade ago.

I know a guy who always says we should scout the name on the back of the jersey, not the front…

• Like 2

I know its probably not the best usage of resources but if we're picking in the 10-15 range and Bowers is there I'm not sure how you pass on him? It also depends on what OT are there as well obviously but I think after Fashanu or Alt you're looking at Barton or Latham and I'm just not sure they're worth picking that high? Maybe if you trade back and acquire some picks but I'd probably just take Bowers. I understand the hit rate of first round TEs is very low but Bowers just seems different. He's usually the best player on the field and its been that way since his freshman season.

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

I know a guy who always says we should scout the name on the back of the jersey, not the front…

We should and we also shouldn't say a prospect won't succeed just bc certain players at his position in their college haven't in the NFL before them. See CJ Stroud and judging by last Thursday night Justin Fields seems to be making some progress as a pocket passer.