The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

On 9/27/2023 at 8:13 AM, MikeT14 said:

Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

A guy I'd like to watch to replace Gibson/Samuel

I want Jimmy Horn, Jr. (Joe Horn’s son) in round 3. He played at South Florida for a few years and this year he's at Colorado. He’s a small shifty guy (5’10, 170) and returns punts. 

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If Howell doesn't improve over the final 3/4 of the season then I think our new GM will definitely be taking a QB in the top 10 for our new HC.

We would be in Penix Jr or Bo Nix territory I think. I don't think Sanders leaves early and I honestly don't think he's all that good. 

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We would be in Penix Jr or Bo Nix territory I think. I don't think Sanders leaves early and I honestly don't think he's all that good. 

I can't get over how bad Bo Nix was at Auburn. I would never draft him in R1. 

My concern about Penix Jr is he already tore his ACL when he was at Indiana. If we can get him in R2, I'm game.

If we don't start being more efficient with our pass pro and passing game, then we’re going to find ourselves around the 10th pick and we may be high enough to draft Ewers.

Payton Wilson, LB, NC ST is having a hell of a game tonight. If you all remember if he came out last year alot of us wanted to draft him in the mid to late rounds.

My only issue is he seems more like Cole Holcomb & less like Dan Campbell. Basically, I'm not sure if he's a Mike LB which is what we need on our D. We already have Jamin as our WLB & Hudson as his backup, we don't need another one IMO until one of them is gone.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Payton Wilson, LB, NC ST is having a hell of a game tonight. If you all remember if he came out last year alot of us wanted to draft him in the mid to late rounds.

My only issue is he seems more like Cole Holcomb & less like Dan Campbell. Basically, I'm not sure if he's a Mike LB which is what we need on our D. We already have Jamin as our WLB & Hudson as his backup, we don't need another one IMO until one of them is gone.

I won't even begin to look at LBs until I know Rivera and JDR are gone. As long as they're here we won't fix the position. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Graham Barton is probably a guy we should all keep our eyes on. I expect us to be picking in the 18-25 range and I think that's about where he will go. 

I haven’t watched much UGA this year, but I’ll come around quickly on Bowers. He’s not my Kincaid I love but he’s like Mayer or LaPorta on steroids or something. I’m in. 
@naptownskinsfan

• Like 1