The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

On 10/25/2023 at 10:32 PM, e16bball said:

For whatever it’s worth, ESPN FPI has the chances of that at 36.7%. 

I think we’re probably favored in one game the rest of the season. And that’s the Giants at home, which we rarely seem to win.

This is Rivera we're talking about here. We are almost certainly going to go on some stupid 4 game win streak and then barely miss the playoffs but wind up picking 14-16. 

Welp if the Chargers win we have pick 10 at this point. I think that puts you in Bowers/Latham territory. You'd have to make a decision at that point if you want to chance it on a Alabama OT. I'd love to have Brock Bowers but I feel like you almost have to talk an OT. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Welp if the Chargers win we have pick 10 at this point. I think that puts you in Bowers/Latham territory. You'd have to make a decision at that point if you want to chance it on a Alabama OT. I'd love to have Brock Bowers but I feel like you almost have to talk an OT. 

Still think that Falcons win haunts us come draft time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I only watched Latham pretty briefly, but I was not particularly impressed. I’d really be hoping that Amarius Mims comes back and plays well, if we’re gonna get stuck out of Fashanu/Alt range.

38 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I only watched Latham pretty briefly, but I was not particularly impressed. I’d really be hoping that Amarius Mims comes back and plays well, if we’re gonna get stuck out of Fashanu/Alt range.

I’m with you on Latham. Bama Tackles haven’t been great lately like Jonah Williams, Evan Neal, Alex Leatherwood. 
I really haven’t seen Amarius Mims play but I read he’s recovering from Tightrope Surgery for high ankle sprain. It said it has a good success rate but not crazy about a player you’re picking that high who needed surgery for a high ankle sprain. I never heard of that before and at his size could that possibly be a nagging issue. Don’t know E how you feel about that surgery. 

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m with you on Latham. Bama Tackles haven’t been great lately like Jonah Williams, Evan Neal, Alex Leatherwood. 
I really haven’t seen Amarius Mims play but I read he’s recovering from Tightrope Surgery for high ankle sprain. It said it has a good success rate but not crazy about a player you’re picking that high who needed surgery for a high ankle sprain. I never heard of that before and at his size could that possibly be a nagging issue. Don’t know E how you feel about that surgery. 

Absolutely brand new to the concept as well. That’s what Bowers is also out with presently. Looks like Tua had it some years ago, and Cooper Kupp had it this past offseason?

Mims is going to be a huge dice roll, pretty much no matter what. At absolute most, he’s going to have started like 8-9 games in his entire college career. He’s just absolutely massive, moves well, and has iron claw hands. One of the bigger boom/bust players I can think of in recent memory.

• Like 1

I think if Fashanu, Alt and Bowers are all gone by our pick you have to look to move down. Move down as far as you can in the first round. If you can move down into the 20s and pick up another first the following year you have to do it. Maybe you can slide all the down to the mid to late 20s and take Mims or Barton.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think if Fashanu, Alt and Bowers are all gone by our pick you have to look to move down. Move down as far as you can in the first round. If you can move down into the 20s and pick up another first the following year you have to do it. Maybe you can slide all the down to the mid to late 20s and take Mims or Barton.

This. Although I personally don’t think we are going to be doing any moving down naturally this year. I would think we have a shot at 1 or 2 of those guys.

So I did a mock draft on the PFF Simulator

Round 1 Pick 11: Graham Barton-OT Duke

Round 2 Pick 35: Ja'Tavion Sanders-TE Texas

Round 2 Pick 43: Blake Corum- RB Michigan

Round 3 Pick 75: Sedrick Van Pran- Center UGA

Round 3 Pick 100: Tommy Eichenberg- LB Ohio State

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So I did a mock draft on the PFF Simulator

Round 1 Pick 11: Graham Barton-OT Duke

Round 2 Pick 35: Ja'Tavion Sanders-TE Texas

Round 2 Pick 43: Blake Corum- RB Michigan

Round 3 Pick 75: Sedrick Van Pran- Center UGA

Round 3 Pick 100: Tommy Eichenberg- LB Ohio State

I would probably gripe about a RB drafted that early, but I like addressing our biggest needs other than that. 

28 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I would probably gripe about a RB drafted that early, but I like addressing our biggest needs other than that. 

I get it. Trust me I do but I just think very highly of Blake Corum. I think someone we could potentially get very late that @MikeT14 could speak to as well is Bhayshul Tuten from Va Tech. I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL. 

• Like 1