The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

While I'm not sold on the QB, we need to hit a home run with our early 1st round pick. It is both a tremendous blessing and burden. We have not had a good run with the #2 overall pick.

For me I hope it's a bookend tackle for the next 10+ years. 

I get the tackle thing, trust me I do but this team probably had the best run of LT play for nearly 20 years in a row and still sucked. They have to hit on a QB. It has to happen for this team to win. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I get the tackle thing, trust me I do but this team probably had the best run of LT play for nearly 20 years in a row and still sucked. They have to hit on a QB. It has to happen for this team to win. 

Nobody wants hogs more than me and it’s true about having great LT play and we were still bad. You’re this close to the top pick, you have to take a shot. As long as the Bears want to trade with us and not stupid about it, it shouldn’t set the franchise back with trading picks. 
Don’t mean to be redundant in a few of my posts but it’s worth the shot as long as the experts agree. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I was reading that a loss to Dallas secures the No.2 pick. 
Has anyone seen anything or to know this to be inaccurate?

Not sure. The SOS tiebreaker is so confusing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, taylor made said:

No clue? I think we have somewhat of an idea. 

I can’t judge a single player on this roster. As they all succeed outside of this organization. We have dated facilities which should be Harris’s first order of business adding a new team facility with a stadium. After the new staff hires that is. I will not fault a single player when the coaches have constantly never put them in a position to succeed

• Like 2

Not trying to be bias bc I like Williams but we have two interesting QB playing to today. I really hate the Longhorns but to give them credit they have a very talented QB (Ewers). He may decide to come out this yr and maybe not. They do have Arch manning waiting in the wings so if the Longhorns win it all he may lenter the 2024 NFL daraft. Just keep and eye on him and Penix today. This is espeacially for those who believe we should draft an OT with our first rd pick and go QB or another positional of need later. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I can’t judge a single player on this roster. As they all succeed outside of this organization. We have dated facilities which should be Harris’s first order of business adding a new team facility with a stadium. After the new staff hires that is. I will not fault a single player when the coaches have constantly never put them in a position to succeed

Chase Young and Montez Sweat are performing about the same on different teams. Sometimes you can judge players on bad teams. 

33 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Here is my 1/1/24 draft prediction.

Commanders draft 3 and trade up to 1 to nab Caleb Williams. Maye goes to the Pats at 2. MHJ to the Bears at pick 3. 

I agree with this. I wonder what the Cardinals will do? They have two good OTs. I bet they take Brockers or Nabers.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Here is my 1/1/24 draft prediction.

Commanders draft 3 and trade up to 1 to nab Caleb Williams. Maye goes to the Pats at 2. MHJ to the Bears at pick 3. 

This would mean we either beat the Cowboys (not happening) or the the Pats and us both lost and then 5 teams the Pats needed to win all won against almost insurmountable odds. We have a 70% chance right now of ending up with pick 2 compared to the Pats who have like a 30% chance.

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This would mean we either beat the Cowboys (not happening) or the the Pats and us both lost and then 5 teams the Pats needed to win all won against almost insurmountable odds. We have a 70% chance right now of ending up with pick 2 compared to the Pats who have like a 30% chance.

Happy to say I was wrong then. I thought I read something about the SOS favoring us to end up at 3. I desparately want the 2 pick. 

• Like 1