Week 3: Dallas @ Arizona

WizardHawk

Okay guys, I’m about to go on an anti Dak rant.  Some people are probably going to get the e-feelings hurt.  

Cutting Dak post June 1 next year would save us about $34M in  cap space in 2024.  It would also have us about $11m in 2025.

Keeping Dak costs us about $62M in cap space.  They only way to lower that number is to extend Dak.  Here’s the question… why the hell would we do that?  

I want everyone to think about this.  I didn’t watch the game in tv so I didn’t hear their commentary.  Here’s my commentary on the game.  Dak was worthless in the red zone.  He was an effing liability.  With the game on the line and time dwindling down on the clock.  McCarthy ran the ball and ran the ball and ran the ball and continued to run the ball.  And the clock just kept ticking.  Honestly, thank God he did.  McCarthy knew that Dak could not deliver.  So, he just kept calling run plays.  Dak had already failed so much in the red zone that the coach would rather eat the clock just to have an opportunity for a positive play.  Sure enough, when we couldn’t run to punch it in, Dak promptly throws an Int.  

It’s time for the Prescott era to end.  

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Okay guys, I’m about to go on an anti Dak rant.  Some people are probably going to get the e-feelings hurt.  

Cutting Dak post June 1 next year would save us about $34M in  cap space in 2024.  It would also have us about $11m in 2025.

Keeping Dak costs us about $62M in cap space.  They only way to lower that number is to extend Dak.  Here’s the question… why the hell would we do that?  

I want everyone to think about this.  I didn’t watch the game in tv so I didn’t hear their commentary.  Here’s my commentary on the game.  Dak was worthless in the red zone.  He was an effing liability.  With the game on the line and time dwindling down on the clock.  McCarthy ran the ball and ran the ball and ran the ball and continued to run the ball.  And the clock just kept ticking.  Honestly, thank God he did.  McCarthy knew that Dak could not deliver.  So, he just kept calling run plays.  Dak had already failed so much in the red zone that the coach would rather eat the clock just to have an opportunity for a positive play.  Sure enough, when we couldn’t run to punch it in, Dak promptly throws an Int.  

It’s time for the Prescott era to end.  

I want someone to emerge at the QB spot to ease Daks departure.  Nothing personal it's business.  A cheaper alternative at QB frees up money to be spent elsewhere.  A Dak extension will put handcuffs on the team cap wise.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Yeah, this wasn’t on Dak. But haters gonna hate. 

We only scored 16 points. Certainly the defense was terrible but you can’t seriously think Dak played his *** off and did enough to win this game but was “let down” by his defense. 

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

3 red zone trips, 3 points and an INT, but our starting QB is cleared of any accountability?

25/40 

62.5%

1 TD 1 Int

273 total yards

Passer rating of 78 league average is 92

The Defense and penalties were awful but Dak wasn’t doing top 10 highest paid player in the league things. He in fact had a slightly below average performance behind a shaky OL and a terrible/arrogant gameplan

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We only scored 16 points. Certainly the defense was terrible but you can’t seriously think Dak played his *** off and did enough to win this game but was “let down” by his defense. 

25/40 

62.5%

1 TD 1 Int

273 total yards

Passer rating of 78 league average is 92

The Defense and penalties were awful but Dak wasn’t doing top 10 highest paid player in the league things. He in fact had a slightly below average performance behind a shaky OL and a terrible/arrogant gameplan

I told you all last year SIGN SCHULTZ! There is something in sports known as chemistry. It happens when the right combination of players meet up and it just is. Thats why players like Brady convinced Gronkowski to go to TB with him. Same with Arron Rodgers going to the Jets. 

Schultz was that for Prescott. You just can't replace that with next man up.

Guys like Lamb, Gallup and Cooks are going to waste their careers here. We have no deep game and Prescotts accuracy is an issue.

I didn't see Vaughn used once today.

I say it was a bagjob today because Parsons looked like he was playing half speed. The rest of the defense looked lost. 

Their receivers were WIDE OPEN, not a white jersey on the screen. 

Did Diggs do that much?

51 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Dak Prescott YPA by week: 6.0, 6.7, 6.2. He has only one career season under 7.3 (2017- 6.8).

Something stinks with this passing offense. I don’t think you can just blame injuries, or even the QB, it’s probably a scheme/playcalling issue mostly. In any event you can’t win with a limited passing offense in today’s game, to say nothing of the penalties and run defense.

Coach is limiting Dak’s reads.  So, his YPA are down but he’s only had 1 int in 3 games.  

I don’t want to hear about schemes and coaching limiting Dak Prescott. He’s 30 years old, on his 3rd different playcaller, and God knows how many different “schemes” those 3 different play callers have tried in an attempt to make it work.

Still, he has 34 TDs and 20 turnovers over his last 18 games. That spans across three seasons including three playoff games.

In that same 18 game span he has gone over 300 yards passing twice and finished the game without an interception 5 times. Two different play callers. Several different schemes. 

Edited by DaBoys

The more I think about this loss, the more pathetic it seems. If Dak Prescott gets a pass for his OL being out, what does AZ get for their starting QB being out? Arizona is missing Buddy Baker, so the Cowboy defense can’t use the Diggs injury as an excuse either.

Terrible loss. 

Edited by Tony7188

26 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

You guys are comical. I truly think we have the weakest, whiniest, most willfully irrational fanbase in sports.. and that’s saying something. Obtain some sort of a backbone or at least make some small attempt at being rational. 

We just got dismantled on national television by the last ranked team in the league. We have the Patriots, Niners, Iggles 2x, Bills, coming our way. 

I get our defense was napping today. But 3 trips inside the 10 and 3 points is all we got to show for it?

We lost by 12. Even 2 TDs would have won the game for us.

Now had Dak thrown or ran for those 2 TDs would we still be having this conversation?

But he didn't. In today's league, the QB gets more of the praise and blame. Rightfully so, he's pulling down the mist money and everything offensively goes thru him 

38 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

We just got dismantled on national television by the last ranked team in the league. We have the Patriots, Niners, Iggles 2x, Bills, coming our way. 

I get our defense was napping today. But 3 trips inside the 10 and 3 points is all we got to show for it?

We lost by 12. Even 2 TDs would have won the game for us.

Now had Dak thrown or ran for those 2 TDs would we still be having this conversation?

But he didn't. In today's league, the QB gets more of the praise and blame. Rightfully so, he's pulling down the mist money and everything offensively goes thru him 

It’s. One. Game. 

If you think the Cardinals are truly worthy of any title resembling “last ranked” team in the NFL then you haven’t been watching them at all. Had they played complete football? No. Had they shown in many moments that they are perhaps better than their 0-2 start would indicate? Obviously, yes.

Besides that.. it’s any given Sunday. Injuries led to reshuffling on both sides of the ball. Several players came in to make their first start of the season. There was a ludicrous amount of penalties to survive. 

As nice as MM’s changes to the offense have been at times.. it’s still new, and clearly that showed up in the RZ yesterday. The final score isn’t particularly indicative of the whole picture on offense. They obviously were far from inept out there.

Just sloppy early season football against a team that had its back against the wall fighting for their season in week 3. Even then, saying Dallas was dismantled is just outright disingenuous.

No one is even going to give a damn about this by the end of the season. It’s one, singular early season game of sloppy football. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

22 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

No one is even going to give a damn about this by the end of the season

Yes we will, if/when we’re not the 1-seed and lose on the road in the playoffs as usual. Last year’s top seed in the NFC lost all of 3 games in the regular season and didn’t pick up their first L until November 14. They then got to cruise with extra rest at home against inferior/banged up competition while Dallas faced the prospect of having to win 4 straight road/neutral site games.

Dropping a conference game in September to Josh Dobbs and Jonathan Gannon doesn’t “prove” you’re not a contender in and of itself, sure. But it will directly cost this team in terms of seeding and force them into doing something they couldn’t even do in the 90s: become road warriors in the playoffs. Don’t bank on it.

• Like 1

I don't have so much of a problem with the corner fade passes (besides not liking the far in general) but one was cleary PI.

The other one CD didn't even try. I love the guy, but sometimes he gets into these whiny little ***** looks and attitude that I despise.

Something that i feel is more telling is the fact we ran so much on that last drive and just wasting soooo much clock.

Edited by HDsportsfan