Deshaun Watson

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think that’s just rocktape

Yeah there comes a point where you’d like to see him play through this and maybe adjust his game a bit. Like, just take the dump offs and be quick at getting rid of the ball.  Stop yoloing passes and looking for huge plays. At least right now. 

The play calling is better without him..more screens, out routes and the like.

Whoever we face next I'd love to see Watson playing mostly within 10 yards of the LOS

Edited by Kiwibrown

I think it’s best we shut him down for a month. Trade for brissett. Replay last year. Brissett was good enough to get us to the playoffs if we had an average defense. I’m not sure Watson even wants to play. I use to defend him but he doesn’t seem to care. He sat out in Houston for a year. Doesn’t play here when he’s cleaned. He’s obviously isn’t doing the extra work in camp if he’s missing so many open throws. He just doesn’t seem be prepared. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think it’s best we shut him down for a month. Trade for brissett. Replay last year. Brissett was good enough to get us to the playoffs if we had an average defense. I’m not sure Watson even wants to play. I use to defend him but he doesn’t seem to care. He sat out in Houston for a year. Doesn’t play here when he’s cleaned. He’s obviously isn’t doing the extra work in camp if he’s missing so many open throws. He just doesn’t seem be prepared. 

Idk what the best option is but I don’t love any of them.

Anything other than Watson coming back and playing reasonably well is a bad option.

MVPJ is not a pro QB.  I appreciate everything he’s done, but this isn’t sustainable.

If DTR is not a better option than PJ after a couple weeks of preparation as the starter, trading Dobbs was a horrific decision.

If Brissett is available to get him regardless at this point.  I simply don’t trust Watson.  

If Washington won’t move him I think they need to look at Wentz or really anyone else.  We just need “meh, not good at all but not awful” which is not something PJ may be able to give us.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk what the best option is but I don’t love any of them.

Anything other than Watson coming back and playing reasonably well is a bad option.

MVPJ is not a pro QB.  I appreciate everything he’s done, but this isn’t sustainable.

If DTR is not a better option than PJ after a couple weeks of preparation as the starter, trading Dobbs was a horrific decision.

If Brissett is available to get him regardless at this point.  I simply don’t trust Watson.  

If Washington won’t move him I think they need to look at Wentz or really anyone else.  We just need “meh, not good at all but not awful” which is not something PJ may be able to give us.

Wentz,Flacco,Matt Ryan,foles. There’s options out there. Why berry continues to go with these 2 duds when we’ve known for almost a month about watsons injury is beyond me. This is going to be a lingering issue all year. It needs to be addressed. It should have been addressed during the bye so one of those guys could have been ready by now. This is turning out to be berrys 2nd biggest mistake first being not firing woods earlier. 

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wentz,Flacco,Matt Ryan,foles. There’s options out there. Why berry continues to go with these 2 duds when we’ve known for almost a month about watsons injury is beyond me. This is going to be a lingering issue all year. It needs to be addressed. It should have been addressed during the bye so one of those guys could have been ready by now. This is turning out to be berrys 2nd biggest mistake first being not firing woods earlier. 

I mean, there’s no structural damage.  I’m assuming he thought Watson was gonna play.  Watson was saying as much himself until the day of the Ravens game.  He played yesterday.

I really wonder if things are as muddled in the building as they are for us.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

I mean, there’s no structural damage.  I’m assuming he thought Watson was gonna play.  Watson was saying as much himself until the day of the Ravens game.  He played yesterday.

clothing

I really wonder if things are as muddled in the building as they are for us.

clothing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I was just coming here to post the same thing. 

Short term IR trade for Brissett tomorrow. Get him back in the building asap and let Deshaun sit for 4 weeks. Don’t even give anyone a chance to ask about him. IR then he should be good. He should’ve been on IR before. But Jacoby literally needs to be back tomorrow. That trade needs to happen today. 

And if Washington doesn’t want to trade him go get Carson Wentz now. He’s twice the player as PJ. With this defense and if we play conservative he could win some games honestly. 

Edited by brownie man

Apparently there is an elephant on this forum.  Fact is Watson is not a franchise QB and never was.  Fact is no team would ever trade a franchise QB.  Browns must have a solid QB to make the playoffs.  They are in trouble.  My suggestion would be Wentz or Foles.  Many still think Stefanski can coach him up but I do not.

5 hours ago, #32 said:

Fact is Watson is not a franchise QB and never was.

He was, 3 years ago. Where we went wrong was mortgaging the farm when we knew he is a POS human who might not even return to that form

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 1

Watson was a great player but he wasn’t the god tier QB. He had one extreme outlier, totally insane year where he put up huge stats on a 4 win team. 

The other 3 years he started he was an above average, good starter showing promise for more. 

He wasn’t a Mahomes, or Burrow, or Rodgers, or Brady, or Allen, or Lamar, leave consistently drag a team to playoffs level player

He was a good player but we extrapolated his career off the outlier season while discounting the rape and the quitting and the injuries and the time off. 

We paid a Mahomes price for a Matt Ryan / Justin Herbert / Kirk Cousins type player