Condemning HC, OC, DC, GM, and Woody.

JetsandI

Even though this forum is low on posting numbers I just hope to come back and read something purely related to football situation (games or players).  All complaints related to said topic should be put in this thread to avoid polluting good topic threads with those nasty whining.   I know it isn't easy to do but try.

Principal Owner: Woody Johnson

General Manager: Joe Douglas

Head Coach: Robert Saleh

Offensive Coordinator: Nathaniel Hackett

Defensive Coordinator: Jeff Ulbrich

• Like 1

I am not sure about Woody being principal owner since him and his brother Chris are co owners.  I think Woody is still a chief of this franchise. Apologies if I call it wrong.

Now, I still worry about Hackett's ability to turn the offense around due to OL instability and Wilson's inability to pick up a pace doubly.  If it shows no improvement then the season is totally a waste of time. It will make FO uneasy and testy.  Fans as well. 

Since JD become GM, a several injured players have quit football so I hope he can push Duane Brown out of job. I am tired of reading negative comments about him as I, too, believe he is done for good. Unfortunately, JD wont' solve T problem by trading or picking this time.  We are stuck with that unit hoping youngsters are ready to step in and make some contributions.  We can cuss on JD for OL woes but we shouldn't waste our time calling JD out for a lack of OL upgrade during the season.  You go ahead and pray for Wilson's progression and healthy if you care.

Why did they draft Will McDonald??? Seems like a good dude from the brief moments he had on Hard Knocks, but he is behind two players at his position on the depth chart. For a first-round pick, that is a luxury we simply cannot afford right about now. 

In the NFL, every spot on the roster matters because of the salary cap. It is great to have unmatched defensive line depth, but at what cost?

Our roster is really really flawed. Zero depth behind Rodgers, very questionable O-line, but virtually every D-lineman on the roster can start for just about any team in the NFL.

In other sports, when this happens you trade from a position of strength to fill a need. In the NFL, it is almost impossible to do.

Last question: why is Carl Lawson still on the roster?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Why did they draft Will McDonald??? Seems like a good dude from the brief moments he had on Hard Knocks, but he is behind two players at his position on the depth chart. For a first-round pick, that is a luxury we simply cannot afford right about now. 

In the NFL, every spot on the roster matters because of the salary cap. It is great to have unmatched defensive line depth, but at what cost?

Our roster is really really flawed. Zero depth behind Rodgers, very questionable O-line, but virtually every D-lineman on the roster can start for just about any team in the NFL.

In other sports, when this happens you trade from a position of strength to fill a need. In the NFL, it is almost impossible to do.

If not McDonald, who should be ours?  OL selections were selected at 14th and 27th. 

As for Salary cap, QB and Rusher are probably most expensive positions in NFL so having McDonald for future should ease Rushing position money in 2024.  Remember when Jets drafted McDonald they didn't have 2024's 1st round pick in mind. 

@NJerseypaint

Yeah.. we often forget about what each situation JD was in prior to this year.   Like do we call JD dumb for picking Becton instead of Wirfs when Jets were in the search for resolving LT situation?  Some of us already did.

Imagine if Zach Wilson turned out a legit qb, Jets wont bother to restructure those WTF players' contract nor make a trade for AR. Thus, salary cap situation and roster flexibility would be much better today as if his draft strategy stays true.  We are dealing with what did actually happen with Jets.  Key injury kills JD's final "thin" plan. That sucks but we call JD out for a lack of depth plan.   Many media and fans made suggestions about getting another proven or veteran qb after week 1 but there is no room in salary cap to cover a said new qb's expense.  Think Wentz (yes I included him, lol) or Ryan would come to Jets to play for 3m?  ha!

Do we forgive JD for this situation? or nah?

Given the history of Woody, every time Woody demanded for big name qb and Jets got him and coaching staff got fired after season was concluded. What do we think about Woody's impatience playing role in coaching staff demise this upcoming offseason. Even with AR's potential return in 2024.

9 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Even though this forum is low on posting numbers I just hope to come back and read something purely related to football situation (games or players).  All complaints related to said topic should be put in this thread to avoid polluting good topic threads with those nasty whining.   I know it isn't easy to do but try.

Principal Owner: Woody Johnson

General Manager: Joe Douglas

Head Coach: Robert Saleh

Offensive Coordinator: Nathaniel Hackett

Defensive Coordinator: Jeff Ulbrich

THese guys each deserve there very own thread. Well maybe not Ulbrich. You can lump him in with Saleh and his scheme. So much fun watching Sauce cover Gallup all night instead of Lamb. Sauce belongs on Lamb, not horse, right?

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Do we forgive JD for this situation? or nah?

Given the history of Woody, every time Woody demanded for big name qb and Jets got him and coaching staff got fired after season was concluded. What do we think about Woody's impatience playing role in coaching staff demise this upcoming offseason. Even with AR's potential return in 2024.

Man, I blame the fans, to be honest. We're foaming at the mouth for an elite QB. That's why we ran Sam out, why 90% of the fan base was gushing over Wilson pre-draft, and why we went for AR (this one I was all aboard for). We forget how much our dollars matter to Woody, and he's going to put his thumb on the scale to sell jerseys and tickets.

Other than QB, JD has created a talented roster (with Rodgers, I honestly think we are the best team in the NFL). Saleh has shown that can he produce top units (defense and run game) with absolute dog doodoo behind center. They both get a pass from me.

21 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It is not completely unusual for teams to not be in a rush to start rookies who make a lot of mistakes. The Steelers aren't starting Jones yet. 

McDonald has the most upside of any DE on this roster to be a 10+ sack guy. He is eventually going to make the field and going to be a good pass rusher. I think its inevitable that he will be on the field and gain more and more playing time. Because his talent is too good. 

I think Joe Tippmann will be on the field starting at center sooner than later, McGovern is not good.  

22 hours ago, JetsandI said:

If not McDonald, who should be ours?  OL selections were selected at 14th and 27th. 

As for Salary cap, QB and Rusher are probably most expensive positions in NFL so having McDonald for future should ease Rushing position money in 2024.  Remember when Jets drafted McDonald they didn't have 2024's 1st round pick in mind. 

I have less of a problem with drafting McDonald and more of an issue with why Carl Lawson is still on this team. From memory, I believe he would have cost virtually nothing in dead cap money to release him. 

Again, our depth along the D line is a luxury. Our holes are more important.

47 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

It is not completely unusual for teams to not be in a rush to start rookies who make a lot of mistakes. The Steelers aren't starting Jones yet. 

McDonald has the most upside of any DE on this roster to be a 10+ sack guy. He is eventually going to make the field and going to be a good pass rusher. I think its inevitable that he will be on the field and gain more and more playing time. Because his talent is too good. 

I think Joe Tippmann will be on the field starting at center sooner than later, McGovern is not good.  

So NOW we are patient with rookies. Where was this patience when the No. 2 pick in the draft was a deer in the headlights under center?

He still looks the same today as his first start. But yeah, let's be patient with edge rushers and centers. 

Sorry, Douglas has to go. This situation is on him. 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I feel bad for Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner and Breece Hall. Got drafted by a terrible organization with an amateur coaching staff. Now I no what it’s like to be a Cleveland Browns or Lions fan. We’re that bad. 

Nah, I was in a audio chat online and a lions fan was told that JFK has only missed one of their playoff wins. We're bad, but we're not that bad. Lol