Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

We really didn't need to attack LB position in offseason as aggressively as we did.

Always felt odd, but seeing as we can get out of Edwards pretty easily after 1 year, and for almost nothing after 2, plus Edmunds can be moved after next year too, seems like they may have just been guys who they liked, but didnt have to fully commit to long term where as the OL/DL were getting very overpaid early on. (plus we needed to spend some money)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Jack Sanborn quietly had a really good game overall on a quick watch on condensed.  

He made some mistakes.  But he was noticeably around ball a lot.

This is a good football player.   We really didn't need to attack LB position in offseason as aggressively as we did.

The LB pickups seemed odd at the time, and worse now given how bad we ended up at orther positions (DL, OL,) Also felt like the cornerbacks were a bit of a luxury but I actually like some of those guys unlike the value for Edmunds.  Sanborn is really a great find and one of my favorite players.  I still don't think he's as slow as people say and he has a knack for being in the right spot. Edmunds... he's very much continuing the tradition of the last two years of players coming here and looking worse or leaving and looking better. 

• Like 1

This has been the most boring year I can remember.  Across the board.   The games are so boring.   I rarely even finish them for other teams.  On condensed view on gamepass.   Takes like 35 mins to watch a whole game and I can't even hardly finish one.

2019 was most disappointing.

I can't believe I basically started my fandom with '85 Bears.   Greatest year in NFL history.

Been all downhill since.

• Like 1

The offensive execution is just crap. 

The only thing enjoyable lately is tush push.  And then really only when Philly does it as most other teams can't really run it right.

The refs suck.  The announcers are boring.   

It's just a bad product.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The offensive execution is just crap. 

The only thing enjoyable lately is tush push.  And then really only when Philly does it as most other teams can't really run it right.

The refs suck.  The announcers are boring.   

It's just a bad product.  

I had a similar thought, but specifically about the penalties.  Seemed like it was breaking up the game every couple plays.  Then I looked it up and realized the Bears lead the league in penalties, including penalties pre snap.  At least KC is second, so we must be doing something right, right?

For what it's worth, the Bears are on pace to have over 1000yds of penalties, which would be great if it was a rusher getting rushing yards, or a receiver etc etc. 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
  • Like 1

Alright I got rant for sec. As if there aren’t enough things for us to be concerned about our team why do Bear fans feel the need to stir up a controversy out of nothing? I keep seeing folks getting pre-mad that Jenkins will eventually go back to LG when Davis is healthy. Jenkins was murdering people at LG just like he is at RG. He can clearly play either side with ease. No offense to any of you but our fan base is overrun with drama queens who don’t know s*** about football. Again not you guys (most of you 😉).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Docknstein11 said:

Alright I got rant for sec. As if there aren’t enough things for us to be concerned about our team why do Bear fans feel the need to stir up a controversy out of nothing? I keep seeing folks getting pre-mad that Jenkins will eventually go back to LG when Davis is healthy. Jenkins was murdering people at LG just like he is at RG. He can clearly play either side with ease. No offense to any of you but our fan base is overrun with drama queens who don’t know s*** about football. Again not you guys (most of you 😉).

People should be happy it gets one of Whitehair or Lucas Patrick off the field.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Doug Kramer played better than I expected in reps I saw him this year.

Hoge said he watched a bunch of him in college and said he wasn't that good.

Our center position is pretty weak right now.  Been an ongoing thing for some time.  

he was fine at Illinois. was there for like, 6 years though, so he had plenty of experience on the mental side and could actually snap a ball correctly. still don't know why we traded for dan feeney if he's been healthy all year and still can't get in the games with how poorly patrick and whitehair have been

• Like 3