Carl Granderson extended

sammymvpknight

He's looked fantastic the last dozen games or so. This definitely feels like the kind of slightly early deal, where if he's as good as he's been lately, or keeps improving, it's a huge win for New Orleans. If this is just a flash that won't become the norm, than it's a big pay day for Granderson. Not the worst gamble to take, especially given how expensive an open market pass rusher can become. He gets like 12 sacks this year, you are not getting him for $13M per year. Trey Hendrickson had a very similar career path, had a solid season in 2019, then blew up for 13.5 sacks in 2020, and wound up getting $15M per year 2 1/2 years ago. Throw in inflation, you're probably saving $5M+ per year if he has that kind of year this year (and the start so far looks like it.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I remember watching a Saints game and him flashing, and me looking him up because he had the same last name as Curtis Granderson, former MLB player. Not sure he's worth that money, but he's definitely an ascending player at an important position. 

That is what I thought when I saw the thread title.  I was like, "isn't he a baseball player?"