Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

is the sky still falling i came on last night and sheesh, fire this guy, cut that guy fire them all crap amazing that fans are still so uneducated in regards to the team and game they love.

those who thought there was no rebuild were joking themselves. Farver started with a bad team that had to grow and AR did too. 6-10 his first year.

We do have a talented lot on the D side of the ball but one of the worst coordinators is leading them. He is what he is and maybe out talent is not as good as we thought but it sure seems legit at times. 

So after a tough loss from a 20 year historically bad team it is what most thought it would be. Up and down all year. Look for the glimmers and there were lots. Reed, Doubs and heck even Watson looked good so far. 

Love makes some nice throws he really does, he gets drops, and pressure and has allot to learn. But he spins it nice, can snap it out at many angles and has good feet. 

this is a year to learn and grow. Hope for good wins and good losses as well. That's what we need to see this year and if you want to fire MLF and Gute you should read much much more and post much much less.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

From 1992-2014 we went 24-0 at home against the Lions (including one playoff game).

Since then we are 4-5.

If we are going to make home wins over the Lions the annual ritual it once was we need a new coach.

MLF started 3-0 vs. Detroit at home and has now lost two of those. They could still turn it around. These Lions aren't the pushovers of the past few decades though as they've got a capable coach now.

Honestly, if you look at the past decade or so, they've been more of a rival than the Bears. At least when it comes to competitive games and pulling out wins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Oh gosh, we got to play Detroit again on Thanksgiving. I'm getting indigestion already. Who wants to bet that Barry will scheme the exact same defense and MLF will go in with the exact same game plan? These guys are as consistent as gravity.

Same posts from last night......what in the recent few years has shown that MLF can't adjust or doesn't? I mean he's shown it. He's a good HC. Your ragging on him for a loss when his Oline got blown away, he should have tried swapping out some line guys but it's a young team and if you thought they would be better than last year that's on you.

I like that the team never gave up.  But you can't play half or quarters of games and expect to win.  There are way too many 3 and outs on offense.

I don't like that Aaron Jones and Christian Watson were on pitch counts.  Either go, or don't go.

Young OL finally folded.  Detroit has a good front, better than most.  I am not SUPER concerned about the tackles and JRJ, but Newman's weaknesses finally were exposed, and Myers just doesn't seem to have it either.  Walker has been mostly good so far, so I give him the benefit of the doubt after just one bad game, even if it was really, really bad.

I don't know what AJ Dillon does for this team, he is very pedestrian this season.

This defense can stop the run, when it tries.  But too often, we get into goofy 2 or one man lines, and the defense also plays twice as many snaps as the offense and begins to give up tons of rushing yards.  Detroit has a slot WR and a rookie TE as their only threats in the passing game.  Ceding the run like we did is negligent.  

Even STs had a goof in this game, the Quay penalty slammed shut the faint chance we had at a miracle come back.  

At least Anders Carlson hasn't missed yet.

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think Quay admitted after the game that knew he couldn't do that .. not sure why he did it.   He's a bit of odd duck that does destructive things that hurt him and his team.  I don't think he knows why he does this stuff, but he had taken steps to improve himself.   Apparently isn't working.  

45 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like that the team never gave up.  But you can't play half or quarters of games and expect to win.  There are way too many 3 and outs on offense.

I don't like that Aaron Jones and Christian Watson were on pitch counts.  Either go, or don't go.

Young OL finally folded.  Detroit has a good front, better than most.  I am not SUPER concerned about the tackles and JRJ, but Newman's weaknesses finally were exposed, and Myers just doesn't seem to have it either.  Walker has been mostly good so far, so I give him the benefit of the doubt after just one bad game, even if it was really, really bad.

I don't know what AJ Dillon does for this team, he is very pedestrian this season.

This defense can stop the run, when it tries.  But too often, we get into goofy 2 or one man lines, and the defense also plays twice as many snaps as the offense and begins to give up tons of rushing yards.  Detroit has a slot WR and a rookie TE as their only threats in the passing game.  Ceding the run like we did is negligent.  

Even STs had a goof in this game, the Quay penalty slammed shut the faint chance we had at a miracle come back.  

Go delete that last line from your post 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Question, if we play that game ten times, how many do we win? Any thoughts 

zero

EDIT: Ok, maybe zero is a bit harsh.  If GB can learn to play consistently and get their injured guys back they could realistically probably split the series or get close.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 2