Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If he doesn't, what does it matter? Can't save any money by cutting him and Walker is playing nicely. It really just doesn't matter other than it sucks for a dude who is still an elite LT that a HOF career is being robbed from him by his own body.

It doesn't matter in terms of what we can do about it. But I think a lot of us felt this was about turf and feeling assured he was otherwise going to be out there. Clearly that's not the case and now the question is, when will he play again? Even more concerning is the fact that he seemingly came out the Bears came fine, and yet, hasn't been able to step out on the field since. That probably means that even if does come back and play a random week here or there, this is the aftermath. 

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Questionable. He'll play. 

We need all our "Questionable" guys to go tomorrow. Campbell being out isn't a big deal so the defense should be pretty much at 100 if Alexander goes. Offensively, it will all be about Walker-Newman not falling apart on the left side. You can bet Hutchinson will line up on that side A LOT because the Lions don't have much else from a pass rush standpoint with Houston out. 

Hutchinson plays a whole lot over the RT. They are down their other starting EDGE rusher and I believe their 3rd EDGE rusher. EDIT: Huston and Paschal are both on IR and they are their 2nd and 4th EDGE rusher. 

Walker and Hutchinson know each other well from the Big Ten. 

I still like our chances. They have issues with our pass rush too. 

Edited by Old Guy

53 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

A win vs DET to get to 3-1 would force me to reset my expectations/hopes for the season.  DET is legit.  They may not quite be in the SF/PHI group at the top of the NFC, but I'd put them in the next tier down. 

IF we beat them, do we move into that group in your mind? I think our roster stacks up well compared to theirs. 

• Like 1

It's frustrating in regards to Dak, but he did play well in Chicago. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I'm sure he will start more games this year. I definitely didn't expect him to miss three weeks in a row after Chicago though... It's pretty well known this is his last season with us.

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

IF we beat them, do we move into that group in your mind? I think our roster stacks up well compared to theirs. 

If GB comes out of Thursday night with a win, it's tough to make a case that they aren't legit contenders for the division.  At that point, they are almost by default in the tier below PHI/SF in the NFC.  Who else is there?   Maybe SEA and DAL?  I'd put both of them in the same group as DET.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

I’m hearing a little too much being put into the emotional lift we will get from the big comeback last week.  If anything, teams seem to have a hangover from emotional wins that hampers them the following week.  I have no data to back this up, but I feel like that is the way things typically go.   

Anywho, just throwing some Debbie Downer out there.  Hopefully have Jones and Watson back will be enough. 

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It doesn't matter in terms of what we can do about it. But I think a lot of us felt this was about turf and feeling assured he was otherwise going to be out there. Clearly that's not the case and now the question is, when will he play again? Even more concerning is the fact that he seemingly came out the Bears came fine, and yet, hasn't been able to step out on the field since. That probably means that even if does come back and play a random week here or there, this is the aftermath. 

One would have to think his initial surgery was botched. ACL recovery seems almost a given at this level and his has not responded. It's not Bak's fault. I think he's trying but if he can't go, he can't go. He can't make the fluid buildup magically stop. We all wish it would. He had a second surgery which was supposed to help. The situation sucks, no doubt, but it's part of the brutal life on an NFL lineman, or player in general. 

I do believe the Packers will make a decision by the end of the bye week on whether to keep him on the 53 or IR him and move on.