Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

Just now, Packerraymond said:

This game will decide whether I continue on my more laid back path of hoping to see Jordan Love progress and caring less about the outcome or jumping right back into high anxiety playoff seeding calculations after every play.

Can't wait.

Prepare for the latter! 

43 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I want to see more from LVN.

I feel like the Lions will remind us why we don’t like Barry.

I want to see a MUCH more efficient game out of Love. He’s gotta be more consistent and not rely on being clutch in big moments. Being clutch is great, but if you force yourself into having to be clutch too often, you can’t keep up.

I’d also like to see one of those things where a defender catches a pass meant for an offender.

Think it's a big Sul game. If Ja can go I think that really helps.

Think our DL can hang on the interior. Need the edge to start being edge guys on the way to the QB.

Idk what we do for LaPorta. Don't think campbell can hang if he even goes. Maybe inside out if JA can go for amon ra.

Edited by HighCalebR

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Brian Branch is a problem. Better account for him because he's all over the field for the Lions. 

The Lions got Branch and LaPorta in the 2nd who both look like studs. Thankfully they completely bombed the first round or they could have pulled off an epic draft. 

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Really, really hoping we were being cautious with our inactives with the Thursday game looming. Would really help to have that group back that basically represents 50% of our cap. Emotional win today but lot of mistakes at home means we have got to lock in if we want a chance to take down these Lions. 

I kind of suspect the Packers are eyeing this game for a return of Bak, Jones, Watson and Jaire.  Jaire is very important for going one on one against St. Brown.  Very important matchup. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I kind of suspect the Packers are eyeing this game for a return of Bak, Jones, Watson and Jaire.  Jaire is very important for going one on one against St. Brown.  Very important matchup. 

St. Brown plays a ton of his snaps in the slot. Not sure we put Jaire in the slot all day on him. Regardless, he's a very important defender we need back. 

Edited by Old Guy

I doubt a lot of the injured guys play...coaches tend to be more cautious forr TNF to let guys get the full rest without higher risk of reinjury.  

Detroit is a very good team.  Which sounds weird to say.  But I think they got very good players with their top 4 picks this year.

Their defense held Bijan to 3.3 ypc...and he violated us.  And they have a very good OL and we(outside of Gary) aren't as solid up front.

Love will need to be much more consistent for us to get the W.  He's gonna have to carry this team this week.  Cause I don't think we are more talented pending injuries.