Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

St. Brown plays a ton of his snaps in the slot. Not sure we put Jaire in the slot all day on him. Regardless, he's a very important defender we need back. 

They won't put Jaire in the slot at least not very often.  The Detroit O line would have a field day throwing him around in the running game.  He isn't built for that.   Could he handle the cover responsibilities?  Absolutely, but he'd be a massive target in the running game.  I doubt you'll see him there often.

12 hours ago, MacReady said:

I want to see more from LVN.

I feel like the Lions will remind us why we don’t like Barry.

I want to see a MUCH more efficient game out of Love. He’s gotta be more consistent and not rely on being clutch in big moments. Being clutch is great, but if you force yourself into having to be clutch too often, you can’t keep up.

I’d also like to see one of those things where a defender catches a pass meant for an offender.

Man o man, you sure expect a lot from a qb in his 3rd frickin game without his best 2 lineman, #1 wr and rb .. unreal expectations!  R E L A X

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't even think you were that wrong.  He is ridiculously expensive.  But he is also really good.  

I may be looking at something wrong, but I see the Jones cap hit at 8.1M.  That is ridiculously cheap for what he brings to the table. 

• Like 1

This is from the Lions site. Posted this AM. 

Lions currently without:

Starting RB David Montgomery- Thigh bruise, might be out a couple games.

Starting LT Taylor Decker- Foot injury

Starting RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai- Knee; could miss a few weeks.

SAM James Houston- Fractured ankle; out 6-8 weeks

DE Josh Paschal- IR; out a few weeks

Starting S CJ Gardner-Johnson- Torn pec; feared to miss the rest of the season. 

CB Emmanuel Moseley- Hamstring; IR for a few weeks

Starting S Kerby Joseph- Hip; might not miss any time

CB Khalil Dorsey- IR; out a few weeks

Starting WR Jameson Williams- Suspended; out until week 7

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is from the Lions site. Posted this AM. 

Lions currently without:

Starting RB David Montgomery- Thigh bruise, might be out a couple games.

Starting LT Taylor Decker- Foot injury

Starting RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai- Knee; could miss a few weeks.

SAM James Houston- Fractured ankle; out 6-8 weeks

DE Josh Paschal- IR; out a few weeks

Starting S CJ Gardner-Johnson- Torn pec; feared to miss the rest of the season. 

CB Emmanuel Moseley- Hamstring; IR for a few weeks

Starting S Kerby Joseph- Hip; might not miss any time

CB Khalil Dorsey- IR; out a few weeks

Starting WR Jameson Williams- Suspended; out until week 7

I don't know why it's so hard for dense minds to understand what I'm saying.

EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL IS STRUGGLING.

There is no perfect scenario for any QB.

Love is what he is. Stop giving handicaps. He's got a lot of positive, a lot of negative. He's got to improve. He is always going to be missing something. His entire career. That's the job.

Just now, MacReady said:

Love is what he is. Stop giving handicaps. He's got a lot of positive, a lot of negative. He's got to improve. He is always going to be missing something. His entire career. That's the job.

We're 2-1 with a first year starting quarterback and a chance to take control of division on Thursday Night. Every one of us would have taken this start at the begging of the year. 

I'm not ready to attribute a lot of Love's perceived 'flaws,' until he gets his horses all on the field and his receivers have enough experience to run the right routes and know what the right adjustments are. 

He may never have Rodgers' accuracy, guess what, nobody does, but the kid has the IT factor. You can see it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

It's what he does have right now that most teams aren't dealing with, and most teams won't deal with, that is the real hindrance. The youth of this team and the amount of rookies starting is a big negative right now. Starting behind the chains an awful lot. Like 4 series a game ruined by multiple penalties and miscues. Hard to get into a rhythm with all that mess. 

But I hear you, definitely things Love needs to work on to get into that next tier, and then the big tier after that.