Where does Eberflus rank on all time bad hires?

Slingin' Sammy

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

People can call me delusional, but Justin Fields would look like a totally different QB if he was playing for Andy Reid, Sean McVay, or Kyle Shanahan. The guy has his flaws, but there are coaches who could get much more out of him.

Oh, absolutely. I've seen Reid work around so many limitations over the years. Doesn't always work against great competition (couldn't overcome our OL against Tampa, for instance, couldn't make Alex Smith threatening enough in the postseason), but a good coach will minimize their own weaknesses as much as they'll attack the opponent's. I don't care if the guy can't read a defense to save his life. A proper offensive coach would be able to simplify things enough for them to at least move the ball sometimes. Give him half field reads. Get him on the move. His athleticism alone, along with guys like Moore, Mooney, and Herbert should make anything predicated on misdirection incredibly effective. They seem determined to force him to read the defense and go through progressions, but their route combinations are non-sense and their pass protection is basically dangerous right now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Oh, absolutely. I've seen Reid work around so many limitations over the years. Doesn't always work against great competition (couldn't overcome our OL against Tampa, for instance, couldn't make Alex Smith threatening enough in the postseason), but a good coach will minimize their own weaknesses as much as they'll attack the opponent's. I don't care if the guy can't read a defense to save his life. A proper offensive coach would be able to simplify things enough for them to at least move the ball sometimes. Give him half field reads. Get him on the move. His athleticism alone, along with guys like Moore, Mooney, and Herbert should make anything predicated on misdirection incredibly effective. They seem determined to force him to read the defense and go through progressions, but their route combinations are non-sense and their pass protection is basically dangerous right now.

Sh!t, go hurry up, get on the ball, read the defense for him, and tell him where to throw it before the QB mic cuts out.

17 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I feel the same.  Fields certainly has his shortcomings as a QB, but there are things that he can do.  Part of the offense coaching should be to put the players in the best situation to perform and highlight what they are comfortable doing.  CHI does none of that.