Week 4 embarrassment thread: Broncos (0-3) @ Bears (0-3)

Ty21

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Caleb Williams is not a sure thing. The guy rarely has pressure and throws to guys who are wide open.

Which is pretty much so the same for every top college QB...

NFL teams will evaluate the 30-40 "NFL plays" these guys make a season...

Caleb still comes out way ahead of just about any prospect over the last decade.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Probably same thing in the NFL. Don’t waste time just fire him now and have Getsy take over.

Whoa whoa whoa. What are you talking about? Flus called to go for it in some big 4th down spots. Not sure how that’s bad decision making or cowardice on his part? That’s pretty aggressive, and I’d say the right call in those spots. 

Getsy made some Turkey awful play calls after his HC gave him the green light. He got away with it on the TE sneak, but dialed up some BAD plays on multiple occasions, especially on 4th & the game

9 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

That’s the problem they should be fired now. Working in the corporate world I’ve seen first hand how typical the trait of cowardice is.

Probably same thing in the NFL. Don’t waste time just fire him now and have Getsy take over.

No, let him finish this to guarantee a 1-16/2-15 finish

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Caleb Williams is not a sure thing. The guy rarely has pressure and throws to guys who are wide open.

No one is a sure thing, but he's the best QB to come out since Luck

• Like 2

Wow... what could we do if we actually had the first two picks.  To be honest, if Fields continues to play the way he played today, I think I'd trade both 1st and 2nd overall, fall back 8-9 picks each and pick up additional 1st round picks just like we did this last season.  Really bring in some top talent. 

I will say that I was much happier with Fields play today.  Yes the fumble was bad, but besides that one play he was excellent today.  This loss was not on him.  Terrible play calling by the coaches.  We obviously still need to dramatically improve on D as well.

5 minutes ago, Uhmkay said:

Wow... what could we do if we actually had the first two picks.  To be honest, if Fields continues to play the way he played today, I think I'd trade both 1st and 2nd overall, fall back 8-9 picks each and pick up additional 1st round picks just like we did this last season.  Really bring in some top talent. 

Fields had a good stat line, but despite it being his best by far, it still wasn't a great game.... And his two turnovers where the literal difference. 

There's no way you don't draft qb with the first pick. The #2pick you trade for a haul or to #3 (leveraging the second qb to force the 3rd pick to move up or you take the haul)... 

10 minutes ago, Uhmkay said:

I will say that I was much happier with Fields play today.  Yes the fumble was bad, but besides that one play he was excellent today.  This loss was not on him.  Terrible play calling by the coaches.  We obviously still need to dramatically improve on D as well.

Whoever is picking #1 is taking Williams. End of story. I've had enough of having the #1 pick and trading it. Fields had a great 2 quarters today against a bottom 3 defense. I'm happy for him. The ship has sailed for him here

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Best thing long-term happened. I look forward to watching the game tonight or tomorrow. Just read the thread and it sounded like a hell of a game. Page by page I was getting whiplash. Lol

Same here.  Wasn't watching either, I checked in here to see how it was going.  At least Bedards looking good?

Matthew-Mc-Conaughey.gif

• Like 1