Week 4 embarrassment thread: Broncos (0-3) @ Bears (0-3)

Ty21

19 minutes ago, Epyon said:

We apparently have picks 1 and 2 right now. We did it. 

As much as having picks #1 & #2 gives us a shot at Caleb Williams & Marvin Harrison Jr it would almost be negligence to use that #2 pick...sure Caleb goes #1 that much is obvious but with that #2 pick we need to at the very least trade down a few spots to try and get some more assets...as good as these two guys are dropping them into a team with so little around them could ruin a career (see Fields)...

If we got Caleb then could trade down from #2 to a QB needy team for more assets in this year's draft to improve the OL & DL I would be all for it...

Lots of football to go but with this coaching staff and the players mind sets after losing this one I just don't see where the wins are coming from to take us out of that sort of range. 

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No, let him finish this to guarantee a 1-16/2-15 finish

No one is a sure thing, but he's the best QB to come out since Luck

I’m not an expert in college football right now but who was the better prospect - Caleb or Burrow and then Watson?

18 minutes ago, Uhmkay said:

Wow... what could we do if we actually had the first two picks.  To be honest, if Fields continues to play the way he played today, I think I'd trade both 1st and 2nd overall, fall back 8-9 picks each and pick up additional 1st round picks just like we did this last season.  Really bring in some top talent. 

I will say that I was much happier with Fields play today.  Yes the fumble was bad, but besides that one play he was excellent today.  This loss was not on him.  Terrible play calling by the coaches.  We obviously still need to dramatically improve on D as well.

No you take Caleb Williams and reset the QB clock for at least another 3-4 years while you build up the rest of the team.

If Fields continues to play like he did today out side of the critical turnovers then he will have decent trade value at the end of the season. Possibly as high as 2nd round pick from a QB needy team

I like Fields but Caleb is a unicorn rare prospect you just don't pass on plus Fields would have to have to go through another offensive system change if he stayed in Chicago, so he would be better off starting fresh in a new city IMO 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BeaReylo said:

Same here.  Wasn't watching either, I checked in here to see how it was going.  At least Bedards looking good?

Matthew-Mc-Conaughey.gif

We had a football game with the dads vs the players and a BBQ.

We won big, but they had a hell of a comeback at the end. For some reason us 32-47 year olds wore out fast. I havent cramped like this in years. Lol

How wore out were we? We rotated who manned the grill afterwards. 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Well, I guess this is probably the thing we should be hoping to see every week this year.  An entertaining game and an "L" that gets us another step closer to the first overall pick.

Didn't we do that last year?

Overheard at the playground

"Yeah today was a must win game"

Didn't we just lose three of those?