Sashi Brown out in Cleveland

BroncoSojia

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just personally don't get what he did that was so special. I mean any gm would do what he did if given a 5 year plan. 

Let's not act like he had the Hershel Walker trade. He got one bpue chip plqyer and the Browns are in a better position then when he started. That's the only credit I give him.

He's  the sam hinke of the Browns

He’s put this team in a great position. Dorsey just took the job. I don’t think he comes here if we’re not loaded with assets. And that is thanks to sashi. Oh and he’s been the best drafter we’ve had since coming back. Not saying much but it’s been something. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

He’s put this team in a great position. Dorsey just took the job. I don’t think he comes here if we’re not loaded with assets. And that is thanks to sashi. Oh and he’s been the best drafter we’ve had since coming back. Not saying much but it’s been something. 

Maybe he's the John Fox of gms

7 hours ago, mistakey said:

bonafide nfl starters already:
Garrett
Ogbah
Shon Coleman

shown flashes, likely success:
Ogunjobi
Njoku

shown flashes, unable to tell
Schobert
Kindred
Peppers
Brantley

shown flashes, losing faith:
c. coleman

likely backups (selected with mid level/late backup quality picks):
nassib
Drango
dayes
devalve

likely failures:
both qbs
rest of the wrs from 2016

unknowns:
Rod Johnson
Howard Wilson

say what you want- comparitively thats a high hit rate for players making it in the NFL at a starter and backup level. 

So “3 bonafide starters” a couple maybes/backups the rest being failures/unknowns  is amazing drafting? How many of these players start in NE or Minnesota or Philly?

Carson Wentz or Jared Goff? What do the analytics say? (Dramatic pause) Cody Kessler. 

Should we take Watson? Analytics? (Dramatic pause) No...Trade down. 

End of an era. I enjoyed having the one team but I seriously felt bad for the fans at this point. 

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Carson Wentz or Jared Goff? What do the analytics say? (Dramatic pause) Cody Kessler. 

Should we take Watson? Analytics? (Dramatic pause) No...Trade down. 

End of an era. I enjoyed having the one team but I seriously felt bad for the fans at this point. 

Again what makes Watson a franchise guy?  And we wanted Goff who we had no shot at. So 33% fail?

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Again what makes Watson a franchise guy?  And we wanted Goff who we had no shot at. So 33% fail?

Sure. I'll take that as it's a higher success rate than Sashi had. 

Why would you not want Watson? They traded down from 2 before the draft either if them could have been available at the time of the trade down. They did say no to both. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

How again is Watson a franchise guy?  Few games and out for the rest of the year? Yeah ok. 

And the rest of your post?  You been drinking?  Or foreign language?

What? Haha. Prior to the draft Cleveland decided to trade down from #2, yes? Meaning one of Goff or Wentz would have been available, yes? But did the know who would have been picked first overall at that point? Probably not. They didn't like either guy said Wentz wasn't a top 20 QB and traded down. That's what happened. 

Kizer looks terrible. Even if Watson isn't really a franchise guy if you want to believe that I can't see the argument for a QB needy team to not take him and take Kizer instead. 

Are you for Sashi? Are you sad to see him go? Were you happy with the direction of the team? 

How were they determined prior to the draft to trade down?  You Haslam?

but did the know?  What?

yeah they did like Goff. Sorry?

didnt like either guy?  You Haslam?

kizer does look terrible. Thanks? Again how do you know Watson is a franchise guy?  Sashi is wrong how?

yes I did want to see sashi with one more year. He’s put this franchise in the best foundation we’ve been in awhile. Good foundation. Good dline and good oline. Get a wr and good rb, draft a REAL qb this year and away we go. 

Paganism you been drinking?  No shame

52 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

So “3 bonafide starters” a couple maybes/backups the rest being failures/unknowns  is amazing drafting? How many of these players start in NE or Minnesota or Philly?

3 bonafide starters ALREADY
garrett and ogbah have a place on those teams if belichick had a place for jabaal sheard who ogbah is better than (so is garrett)
shon coleman is a tough as hell good young player who's beaten cancer and doesnt complain at all.  this dudes a legit pro.  if those teams have legit RTs then maybe not but hes certainly not out of place on 90% of NFL teams.

if half of those shown flashes turn into starters long term thats 7 starters in 2 drafts.  you betcha thats amazing drafting relative to the rest of the NFL.  plus the bonafide NFL backups.  for sure.

27 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

What? Haha. Prior to the draft Cleveland decided to trade down from #2, yes? Meaning one of Goff or Wentz would have been available, yes? But did the know who would have been picked first overall at that point? Probably not. They didn't like either guy said Wentz wasn't a top 20 QB and traded down. That's what happened. 

Kizer looks terrible. Even if Watson isn't really a franchise guy if you want to believe that I can't see the argument for a QB needy team to not take him and take Kizer instead. 

Are you for Sashi? Are you sad to see him go? Were you happy with the direction of the team? 

Honestly most/many Browns fans were fairly pleased with Sashi, I sure was.

He turned an old, expensive, crappy roster into a young, talented group with 100 million in cap space and 6 top 65 picks next year.

From the beginning he and DePodesta said this would be a long rebuild.  Maybe some folks should have listened??

There are obviously possible regrets about Wentz, and to a lesser degree Watson, but if Sashi has the chance to get his pick of the class in April and that player succeeds, are those previous trades even an issue moving forward?

Bottom line is a guy had a long term vision and stayed true to it, even when the other idiots in the building were trying to trade his hard gotten picks for AJ effin McCarron, Sashi was there to save them from themselves.

Dorsey may very well succeed here, but if he does he'd better make sure to thank the man that handed him a pile of assets almost unseen by another incoming GM in league history.

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Lol paganism?  I hate this site

Alright we done with the insults now? There seems to be some real autocorrect problems on this site. 

12 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

How were they determined prior to the draft to trade down?  You Haslam?

but did the know?  What?

yeah they did like Goff. Sorry?

didnt like either guy?  You Haslam?

kizer does look terrible. Thanks? Again how do you know Watson is a franchise guy?  Sashi is wrong how?

yes I did want to see sashi with one more year. He’s put this franchise in the best foundation we’ve been in awhile. Good foundation. Good dline and good oline. Get a wr and good rb, draft a REAL qb this year and away we go. 

Paganism you been drinking?  No shame

Well they DID trade down? 

Was Goff definitely going to 100% be the #1 pick when they trade back a week or so before the draft?

Seriously bro **** off?

That's what I'm saying? I guess it's possible they may have liked Goff but they did trade down when it still seemed like a possibility he'd be there so I'm not so sure they did. 

Kizer vs Watson? Are we really doing this?

I take what I said back I don't feel sorry for you. This wasn't going to work. In theory I liked the idea from the start I liked some of the moves he made but the timeline on this team was way off. Why exactly did you want this to continue? What improvements made in this stretch of Brown's history made you want to sit tight and keep going?

8 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Alright we done with the insults now? There seems to be some real autocorrect problems on this site. 

Well they DID trade down? 

Was Goff definitely going to 100% be the #1 pick when they trade back a week or so before the draft?

Seriously bro **** off?

That's what I'm saying? I guess it's possible they may have liked Goff but they did trade down when it still seemed like a possibility he'd be there so I'm not so sure they did. 

Kizer vs Watson? Are we really doing this?

I take what I said back I don't feel sorry for you. This wasn't going to work. In theory I liked the idea from the start I liked some of the moves he made but the timeline on this team was way off. Why exactly did you want this to continue? What improvements made in this stretch of Brown's history made you want to sit tight and keep going?

Yeah clearly you’re drinking. 

Archived