In Flores We Trust - How Good Can This Defense Be?

cconocool

15 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It’s a very poorly designed and explained chart. 

And given how all over the place quality teams are on this chart it might be quite noisy too.

I'm just not sure what to derive from it except that maybe the quantity of coverage errors forced may be a helpful signal for good play design/calling. Don't know if the same can be said for defensive side of things or not, but probably.

Either way it's likely only helpful on the extremes from my interpretation of things.

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flores: "It was good to get Barr in last week, introduce him to the defense, the terminology. Obviously he's played a lot of football, and conceptually, some things are very similar to things he's done in the past. But just terminology-wise, getting the hang of the verbiage, getting a hang of the check system, I thought he did some nice things when he went in. That was kind of the plan, to get him 10-15 snaps and gradually work that up as we go forward."

https://www.vikings.com/news/final-thoughts-bears-week-12?fbclid=IwAR2P7U73rXtg0zcJuGudFZnLuL_MbA5IMAhyIo6LdmVVwdZdzVxRkB0XMRA

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

The glitches have been a bit annoying. I too have been able to post from my phone, but not on my laptop.

I've always been the complete opposite.  I can only get on the site for a few minutes on my phone before the site crashes.  It's always been that way...which is why you rarely see me post after 4 PM Central.  🤣

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:18 AM, swede700 said:

Don't get the Kyle Hamilton people started...they may start saying "Imagine what would it be like if we had drafted him instead of trading down!"

Here is what you said about another player the Vikings picked instead.

"It's weak for anyone to hate a guy who hasn't even played a down yet...or the hate the guy who picked the guy who hasn't even played a down yet and has also signed other players who haven't even played a down for the team yet...and has let go several other players who, funny, haven't been signed by anyone else either.  "

"I think we should also be somewhat pleased that Cine was coached for a year in HS by Deion Sanders.  While Deion was not exactly an open-field tackler, it appears that he taught Lewis to be one."

"Considering Cine has always been a thumper, he's going to fit what Flores does far better than what Donatell would have asked him to do.  I hope he can be a far better version of Sendejo. "

Guess what has happened, Kyle Hamilton has turned into a Pro Bowl level safety and one of the best in the NFL one arguably the best defense in the NFL, Lewis Cine is sitting on the bench while Josh Metellus has taken his spot, so has Cam Bynum and both have developed into two of the best most versatile safeties in the NFL.  While Lewis Cine sits on the bench and waits for Harrison Smith to hopefully retire.  And even if he does Theo Jackson has got more playing time than Cine has this year.  

But no Kyle Hamilton sucks right...  Lucky for the Vikings Watson gets hurt a ton and Jameson Williams constantly gets suspended and hurt also so at least that has worked out well for them.

And I will not even address your thumper commentary which is a laughing joke after what Cine showed just in the preseason about not being able to take contact at all and hold up physically.