Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Colts

TitanLegend

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Probably.  It's one reason this half-*** approach to a rebuild last year was so ill conceived.

Clear that we missed Tart up front.

Those who watched the whole game, was Skoronski at least good?

Yea we definitely missed Tart. Gonna watch the ALL 22 when it comes out, but I seem to remember Skron getting bulled into the qb a few times.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Probably.  It's one reason this half-*** approach to a rebuild last year was so ill conceived.

Clear that we missed Tart up front.

Those who watched the whole game, was Skoronski at least good?

Skor got smoked a couple plays in a row one series, but other than that I didn’t see much to ***** about. 

Vrabel was brought in to take a championship roster to the championship. We did get to the AFC championship game and was #1 seed. Division champs yada yada yada. 

We missed the window. 

We know have to see Vrabel build a championship roster/team. He is trying to have one foot in the future while having one in the past, with Tannehill/Henry. Those two are the main anchors to what we were. 

Tim Kelly offense is a preview of what could be. We are held hostage to Henry and Tannehill. Hostage is a harsh word but we can't move forward with them. We are tied to the past. 

I went back last night to watch Levis and Willis college highlights just because....

Something has to change or Vrabel is gonna be fired which is a shame because he is a good coach. Has flaws but is a good coach. 

Tannehill isn't the problem but he has 2 TDs and 5 Ints. I saw a post on Twitter highlighting when Marcus got benched. 

We were 2-4 and Marcus had like 6 TDs and 2 INTs. 

It's a chore to watch us play. Just like the offense it feels like we have to work so hard to score. I have to work so hard to find enjoyment in our games. 

• Like 2

It’s also important to mention how little we are getting from guys who NEED to be difference makers 

Landry

burks

chig

henry (to an extent…he’s tied to the OL performance but we cannot rely on him weekly to produce)

simmons (to an extent…makes a play here and there but isn’t dominant)

can throw Fulton in there just given his position 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's a chore to watch us play. Just like the offense it feels like we have to work so hard to score. I have to work so hard to find enjoyment in our games. 

yeah, the bengals game delayed the inevitable a week but i don’t think i have the heart to watch this team this year (other than perhaps clips via red zone) until there’s a QB change. it’s not even really tannehill’s fault and in a way i feel for him, but he should’ve been off the team before the season started if this is what we were gonna do. the on-field product is miserable and there’s just nothing to look forward to, nothing to invest in as long as we keep these fading stars on the field.

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Gonna watch the ALL 22 when it comes out, but I seem to remember Skron getting bulled into the qb a few times.

21 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Skor got smoked a couple plays in a row one series, but other than that I didn’t see much to ***** about. 

So we have no core of young players, and the rookie class so far has produced a pretty good running back, and a pretty good guard that we spent the 11th overall pick to get, and a QB that hasn't jumped Malik Willis on the depth chart.

Great rebuild.  Much to look forward to.

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So we have no core of young players, and the rookie class so far has produced a pretty good running back, and a pretty good guard that we spent the 11th overall pick to get, and a QB that hasn't jumped Malik Willis on the depth chart.

Great rebuild.  Much to look forward to.

We do have a core but man the core needs to be more than role players. Someone has to be da man. 

Spears looks like a certified hit. Skron is a hit ( I think should be tackle). 

Whyle looks to be able to have a role. 

We need the QB. Nothing else matters. 

Willis or Levis has to be the guy for any of this to matter. 

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Spears looks like a certified hit. Skron is a hit ( I think should be tackle). 

The reason I push back on these (assuming that Skoronski stays at guard, where I think he belongs, and given that he's not even taking reps at tackle when we have some problems there I think that's a pretty sound bet) is because these are both low value positions.

Spears I don't worry about so much because at least the investment is low, and the return so far has been immediate, although his injury history is still worrying.

With Skoronski, you don't take a pretty good guard at 11 overall.  If you take a guard 11 overall, they are expected to be a stud, and right away at that.  So if he's not, it doesn't matter if he's a good guard, it's a big waste of resources, and you can't really call it a hit.

Now if he transitions to tackle and succeeds, that changes the conversation.  But I don't really see anything that suggests that's going to be the case.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1