Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Colts

TitanLegend

Just now, Daniel said:

The reason I push back on these (assuming that Skoronski stays at guard, where I think he belongs, and given that he's not even taking reps at tackle when we have some problems there) is because these are both low value positions.

Spears I don't worry about so much because at least the investment is low, and the return so far has been immediate, although his injury history is still worrying.

With Skoronski, you don't take a pretty good guard at 11 overall.  If you take a guard 11 overall, they are expected to be a stud, and right away at that.  So if he's not, it doesn't matter if he's a good guard, it's a big waste of resources, and you can't really call it a hit.

Now if he transitions to tackle and succeeds, that changes the conversation.  But I don't really see anything that suggests that's going to be the case.

I’m fine with spears being here if we do RB by committee with his injury history I don’t see him as a full time back.

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Wasted a great game from Hopkins. 

This team doesn't know how to keep feeding a hot WR. 

They would have had to triple team Hopkins yesterday for me not to keep throwing to him. 

Yea dude. Watching the ALL22 now. Dhop was single covered on the 4th and have to have it at the end there. Feed that man. Win or lose on his shoulders, he was cooking.

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

They would have had to triple team Hopkins yesterday for me not to keep throwing to him. 

This is what happens with defensive head coaches.  It's why you can never win it all with them and why it would be better to admit Vrabel ain't it now than the inevitable firing 3 years from now when we're all closer to dying without a Super Bowl win . . . 

Just saying.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:06 PM, KingTitan said:

It’s the biggest bummer of the season for me. For the better part of two decades we’ve taken shot after shot after shot after shot on veteran receivers to help expand our offense. And every time they’ve been completely washed. And finally…finally, we find a guy that is still a legitimate WR1. He’s everything we hoped Julio would be. And it comes in a year where it just doesn’t matter.

I feel the same way about D-Hop as I do about Tannehill, except to a greater degree. It feels like such a waste to have a player in one of their last good to really good years spend their time on this 2023 Titans team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Tim Kelly isn't the problem. I can't say I've really ever seen this play before. Definitely not with the Titans. 

I have no issue with Kelly. If we’re looking for one bright side, it’s that the offense won’t be good enough for him to be poached lol. The timing and designs are back to Arthur Smith levels, he just isn’t working with the same talent Art had. 

One of my biggest what-ifs is if the Texans had allowed us to interview Kelly in 2021. I know everyone blames Tannehill for the Bengals game, but I’m also convinced we win that game with an OC not named Downing. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I have no issue with Kelly. If we’re looking for one bright side, it’s that the offense won’t be good enough for him to be poached lol. The timing and designs are back to Arthur Smith levels, he just isn’t working with the same talent Art had. 

One of my biggest what-ifs is if the Texans had allowed us to interview Kelly in 2021. I know everyone blames Tannehill for the Bengals game, but I’m also convinced we win that game with an OC not named Downing. 

100% we do.  The play calling in that game was absolutely moronic.  I was angrier about that when the game happened than I was about Tannehill's ****ty performance.  To be clear, either one of them could have easily lost us the game, but you expect players to have bad games.  That's something that happens, even to greats, and you know it's gonna happen to middle tier QBs like Tanny.

What you don't expect is to have your OC calling a game like a mouthbreathing caveman and win anything in the postseason.